Name a Magic Cocktail

Post topics about the business side of magic.
NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Name a Magic Cocktail

Postby NCMarsh » August 29th, 2007, 10:18 am

Part of a marketing proposal I'm making to a local business includes a magic themed cocktail. I'm looking for a fun, appealing name that somehow ties into a magic theme.

I've been, for whatever reason, dry... (other than the "mystic mojito")..

Any thoughts from the minds here?

N.

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Re: Name a Magic Cocktail

Postby NCMarsh » August 29th, 2007, 10:22 am

Oh, and if anyone knows of cocktails/drinks that have any kind of "magical" properties (i.e. they change color (absinthe is off unfortunately), smoke, flame, read your mind, whatever) I am interested...

N.

Postby Guest » August 29th, 2007, 11:04 am

The Double Fond in Paris has an entire drink menu with 'magic' names.

Flame drinks: 151 works great. The flame burns very clean unfortunately, therefore best suited for low light situations. Unless you're spitting fire.

I've got a routine for a drink that froths over on command.

Mirrored cups can create wonders.

I use LED glowing ice cubes that are always a hit. Particularly with women. And kids.

Layered drinks are visually stimulating, and can be 'magicy'.

I have a few coctail shaker ideas.

No reason for Absinthe to be out....

What specifically are you after? email me for more....

Jon Elion

Postby Jon Elion » August 29th, 2007, 6:09 pm

To see a list of the Double Fond's drink menu in English, go to the Babelfish website . In the text box that says Translate a Web Page copy and paste this URL: http://www.doublefond.com/MsgByReg.asp?id=99404. Select French to English and click Translate.

Of course, if you read French, then just go to the Double Fond drink menu directly!

Postby Guest » September 5th, 2007, 12:28 am

The chung ling sling . scotch based, infused with oriental spice, with a surprise ending. To be served in a single shot glass.

Postby Guest » September 5th, 2007, 8:28 am

I worked a couple of times behind the bar and what I did is this: I wore a D'Lite and when I handed out a glass, the drink was all red (or another color if combined with a colored drink) and 'lit'. Whenever I give the glass away, it loses all that aspect. It made place for a few good lines.

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”