Good timing or bad timing?

Post topics about the business side of magic.
Sean Macfarlane

Good timing or bad timing?

Postby Sean Macfarlane » April 11th, 2003, 7:22 am

As some of you may know Hong Kong is in a recession due to many things, but since the SARS has hit us it's been really bad.

I'm thinking that it could be a good time to market myself to the restaurants right now and help to promote business and of course myself.

A friend of mine thinks that it really isn't a good time as everyone is making cutbacks and won't be able to afford hiring a magician at the moment. I'm thinking that I need to make them aware of me so that when things do start to clear up I might be that extra something they might need to pick up. My feeling is to get started right away, as opposed to waiting for things to clear up.

Any thoughts on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Re: Good timing or bad timing?

Postby Guest » April 11th, 2003, 12:32 pm

Hi Sean,

David Groves posted something somewhere regarding this subject. It basically stated that he pitched one place and they said no because it was too slow. He then pitched another place who said this is the perfect time to bring in entertainment so that more people would be attracted to his restaurant.

The bottom line being, the more you askthe more they will say YES. You simply need to be motivated to go out and hear them say NO more than you hear a YES.

www.JeffEzellMAGIC.com

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”