Magician's Assistant School

Post topics about the business side of magic.

Magician's Assistant School

Postby Guest » March 23rd, 2007, 7:17 am

John B. Pyka's Flip-Side Productions announces registration for Magician's Assistant School. The first class will be offered April 21st 2007 in Nashville, TN, with 5 additional classes being offered every 3rd Saturday of the month through Oct 2007.

John Pyka is an award-winning magician, director and choreographer with over 20 years professional stage experience. In this workshop John will discuss and teach fundamentals of being an outstanding magician's assistant.

The 4 hour sessions will cover

Showmanship and Stage Presence
Poise and Confidence
Finding Your Distinct Character
Costuming and Make-up
Becoming a Performance Partner
Body Image, Health and Nutrition
Techniques For Dealing With Conflicts With Your Magician
Brutally Honest Critiques and Specific Steps to Fix or Improve Problem Areas
Round Table Discussions.

That is a lot of Meat & Potatoes! And best of all, the cost is only $25 per participant. John has also arranged for special rates at a nearby hotel for students traveling from outside of TN. But hurry, registration is limited to 10 performers! You may register by calling John at 615-480-8946. Payment may be made by Check, Cash or PayPal.

About John Pyka...

John has 20 years experience on stage as well as just as many offstage as a director and coach. For 7 years he moonlighted as a Marketing Director for a major Nashville record label, and was even a talent scout for the first season of America's Next Top Model! John has the knowledge, experience and talent to help you become the best performer you can be. Whether your desire is to be the next music superstar, or an award-winning illusionist, or even to just work steady as a professional model, John can help.

Experience:
20 year veteran of stage & screen
MTV's Spring Break
A&E's An Evening At The Improv
ABC's The Boys Next Door
Broadway musical Closer Than Ever
Carnegie Hall - Fuare's Requiem
National award-winning singer
Regional award-winning actor
International award-winning magician

Expertise:
Casting Director for numerous projects
20 year live event producer
Talent Scout - America's Next Top Model
A&R Director - Clydesdale Music Group
Marketing Director - MCD/Freedom Records
Author - Swingin' At The Roxy
Author - Theatrical Magic - The Book

Endorsements:
Look at what some of John's students/clients are saying:

"John Pyka is a creative genius. He has always been able to analyze problems that I face and find creative and workable solutions."
- Jason Michaels, Contemporary Illusionist

"John gave me the support and encouragement to pursue my creative vision. With his guidance I took my performance to a new level."
- Arista Collins, Dancer

"John B. Pyka is the best thing to ever happen to me!"
- Angela Funovits, Miss Teen Cleveland

"Before any song I write gets recorded, John hears it first. I trust his advice and insight."
- Jamie Slocum, Curb Records recording artist

"John Pyka is full of charisma and has astounding self esteem. It is almost impossible for his strong personality not to have an effect on anyone. He has definately been a huge influence in my life. John has helped me to strengthen my self esteem and there is no doubt that I owe him for everything I have learned about performing. The knowledge he has gained in his many years of performing has had nothing but a positive influence on others."
-Krista Chilton, Dancer

"John Pyka is full of spirit and willing to share his knowledge of Entertainment to give you that boost you need to raise your confidence, give necessary critique,and to take you to the next level!"
-Lonny Divine, Illusionist

Visit www.flip-side.com for more info!

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”