Magic Demonstrator Sought in Dubai

Post topics about the business side of magic.

Magic Demonstrator Sought in Dubai

Postby Guest » February 21st, 2007, 6:03 am

Fantasma Magic now operates over 20 magic kiosks around the world. We are now going to be opening up one in Dubai within Toys R Us. This new store will be the second largest Toys R Us in the world. Dubai is an amazing country to live in and Toys R Us is offering a 6 month contract along with room. If anyone knows any magicians that can also demonstrate that is either in Dubai now or wants to live there, please contact me.
Roger@fantasmamagic.com

Thanks.

Re: Magic Demonstrator Sought in Dubai

Postby Guest » February 21st, 2007, 6:46 am

Roger, award winning Argentinian magician Gaston Quieto is now based in Dubai. I don't think he'd want the job, but he might know someone who does. Check out his website www.gastonmagic.com for contact details.
Good luck!

Postby Guest » February 21st, 2007, 8:47 am

No doubt the cups & balls w/ grenades as final loads, and the Mother of All Book Tests would be popular there.

Postby Guest » February 21st, 2007, 9:53 am

No doubt the cups & balls w/ grenades as final loads, and the Mother of All Book Tests would be popular there.
:D
oh man.

Grenades aren't so prominent in Dubai as indentured servants. (no reflection on ToysRUs nor Fantasma, btw)

Postby Guest » February 21st, 2007, 10:24 am

My apologies. I thought that Dubai was in Saudi Arabia, but it's in the UAE, which so far has not been much terrorized to the best of my knowledge.

Postby Guest » February 21st, 2007, 10:47 am

UAE's has got big money. BIG money. and I don't. It's a hot tourist spot for the super wealthy, and would be an amazing place to work. for a little while. Working private gigs out there could un-imaginably lucrative.

Timothy Hyde

Postby Timothy Hyde » February 21st, 2007, 12:35 pm

The main danger in Dubai is overeating or getting smashed in a highspeed car crash. They drive very expensive cars very fast.

As audioslave mentioned, it is a pot of gold at the moment, with "many" entertainers travelling there to get a slice of the action at the - clubs, theme parks, hotels,convention centres etc.

Timothy Hyde
The Secret Notebooks of Mr Hyde - Vol 1 & 2 - http://www.MagicCoach.com

Postby Guest » March 24th, 2007, 2:00 am

The other danger is possibly breaking a leg on the world's largest indoor ski slope! ;)

Postby Guest » March 24th, 2007, 9:17 am

Hello Bill,
if you saw the amazingly model material nurses their hospitals attract you would not think that was a bad thing...... ;)

Postby Guest » March 25th, 2007, 12:25 am

Hi Guys,

Yes, Dubai is very safe and lots of modern things around...Fast cars and indoor mountains. Bur run away on summer 122 farenheit sometimes!!

Adios

Roland

Postby Roland » January 5th, 2009, 1:21 am

This post is rather old but is there any other work in Dubai these days?

Thanks,
Roland
www.DanceOfIllusion.com

Postby 000 » January 27th, 2009, 10:33 pm

If you can take the heat you can do well there - quite a few restaurants hire close-up magicians that pay quite decently( plus tips) ............1000 pounds per week seems to be the rate.
A lot of work is agency based via the UK. With the ( well heeled)population, mostly expats, set to grow from 1,4m people to 2,5m in the next 6 years, there is still a lot of scope. Did I mention the heat?

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”