Reg Holden's Note Pads

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
magicfish

Reg Holden's Note Pads

Postby magicfish » April 27th, 2017, 7:27 pm

Hi guys, my old friend Reg Holden used to sell these great little note pads for mentalism.
Each sheet was slightly thicker than the previous one and the cycle repeated itself every four sheets throughout the pad.
I used to use them for closeup living and dead tests. When the folded pieces were retrieved, the 1st and 4th pieces were easy to decipher, and Reg had a very clever method of deciphering the difference in thickness between the 2nd and 3rd sheets.
I bought several before Reg passed on but used them up.
Is anyone familiar with this type of pad or where I could find one?

lybrary

Re: Reg Holden's Note Pads

Postby lybrary » April 27th, 2017, 9:11 pm

I used to make pads where every second sheet was made from an "untearable" paper. Both kinds of paper looked identical. This can not only be used as a covert way to identify sheets, but also as a gag item - "Why can't you tear a piece of paper?" - or as a pseudo-hypnosis demonstration. I have a few lying around. Size is 7cm x 11cm with roughly 50 sheets.

I have all the tools, cutters, paper presses, etc. I could make the four different thicknesses kind of pads if folks are interested.
Lybrary.com Magic & Gambling
preserving magic one book at a time

magicfish

Re: Reg Holden's Note Pads

Postby magicfish » April 28th, 2017, 3:18 pm

Wow Lybrary, that sounds great. I would definitely be interested in the "thickness" pad.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”