faith healing with roses

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
webbmaster
Favorite Magician: richard Kaufmann

faith healing with roses

Postby webbmaster » February 1st, 2017, 10:39 am

I saw a movie about a faith-healer and the 'bit' that was new was that as he 'healed someone, something else nearby died, or at least got really unwell. It is as if the power to make one person better came from sort of stealing some of the health of someone near to the event. These are presentational gambits I'm talking about. Anyway I got the idea of using a real live rose, with the stem cut off, and a dried dead rose, with its stem removed as well, and a silk and perhaps the goblets as described in Stars of Magic by Mohammed Bey to instead of making two different billiard balls to transpose, to cause the dried on to be rejuvenated and the patter would be the idea of the healing power coming from taking the wellness away from the fresh rose to 'fix' the unwell one ! In a nutshell, that is all for now. Regards, Gregg Webb

West

Re: faith healing with roses

Postby West » April 16th, 2017, 10:37 am

Sounds very interesting. Maybe run it as a self healing stunt? Blister, burn, cut...

webbmaster
Favorite Magician: richard Kaufmann

Re: faith healing with roses

Postby webbmaster » February 4th, 2020, 11:44 am

And when the blister "heals"...someone else (a stooge ?) would get one and we know how ! P.S. The idea came from a HBO series called Carnival that may still be available On Demand.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”