Ron Martin RIP

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Diego

Ron Martin RIP

Postby Diego » January 4th, 2016, 2:26 am

I was very saddened to learn of the passing of Ron Martin, who wrote some of the best, well thought out books on doing readings. His books, especially his, "Tarot Readers Notebook", was a masterwork.
No one examined the why, as well as the how of why different M.O.s of doing readings worked, as thoughtfully as he did.

His annotated bibliographies in his books were the best since William Lindsay Gresham.

I was fortunate to have met him over 20 years ago at a convention and enjoyed our conversations and letters later on.

I value to have known, and learned from, Ron Martin, a very refined, gracious, and generous gentleman.

Rick Kirkes
Favorite Magician: Bob Cassidy, Richard Osterlind, John Riggs, Kreskin and Enrique Enriquez

Re: Ron Martin RIP

Postby Rick Kirkes » April 27th, 2016, 1:14 am

RIP Ron Martin..

performer

Re: Ron Martin RIP

Postby performer » April 27th, 2016, 1:21 pm

I met him once. He seemed nice enough. I was astonished at the low prices he was charging for readings. I got the impression he loved doing it so much he would almost have done it for free. I have read his tarot book. It is very readable even though he doesn't really tell you what the tarot cards mean or give you a structure for it.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”