A new method for crystal ball reading

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Jim Riser

A new method for crystal ball reading

Postby Jim Riser » September 6th, 2015, 3:13 am

As Halloween approaches, several of you might be considering adding spook type effects or a crystal ball reading segment to your shows. Here is a method to simplify the process without losing any of the effect:
http://www.jamesriser.com/Magic/RiserCr ... eading.pdf

Enjoy.
Jim

performer

Re: A new method for crystal ball reading

Postby performer » September 6th, 2015, 4:25 am

Here is a very odd thing that I have often thought about. I have exhibited at many, many psychic fairs over a period of 20 years or so. And I know many, many psychics personally. For some odd reason or other I have never ever seen a psychic use a crystal ball for readings! I have seen them on sale at the fairs (expensive) and I have seen them on a front table as display material but I have never ever seen a psychic use one for readings! No---not even once!

I have a feeling that seaside fortune tellers in the UK use them but can't be sure. Perhaps some of the gypsy type psychics with the neon light signs in store fronts use them but I have no idea since I have never entered those premises.

All I can tell you is that they are virtually never used at psychic fairs or in long private sessions.

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » September 6th, 2015, 10:12 pm

That's a good method. A piece of black lace fabric over the phone should allow the medium to still see the phone and tap it, but keep any side views from escaping.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Dougini
Favorite Magician: There are too many

Postby Dougini » September 7th, 2015, 10:37 am

I LOVE this! Wow! Thank you Jim! I will use this!

Doug

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » September 13th, 2015, 9:37 pm

For a Halloween seance, the electronic "crystal ball" available at most Halloween shops (for less than a "real" crystal ball, adds a bit of pizzazz to the reading. Also, as I show in The Wizards' Journal #2, item 11, you can cause bits of information to appear in the globe, as shown in the photo:

It doesn't have to be a playing card, but keep it simple and quick.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

magicfish

Postby magicfish » December 18th, 2016, 11:14 am

performer wrote:Here is a very odd thing that I have often thought about. I have exhibited at many, many psychic fairs over a period of 20 years or so. And I know many, many psychics personally. For some odd reason or other I have never ever seen a psychic use a crystal ball for readings! I have seen them on sale at the fairs (expensive) and I have seen them on a front table as display material but I have never ever seen a psychic use one for readings! No---not even once!

I have a feeling that seaside fortune tellers in the UK use them but can't be sure. Perhaps some of the gypsy type psychics with the neon light signs in store fronts use them but I have no idea since I have never entered those premises.

All I can tell you is that they are virtually never used at psychic fairs or in long private sessions.

I use mine quite often. I keep an opaque black silk over mine at all times so that it cannot absorb any energy while it sits idle. This prevents any distortion of the gazing during its next use.

performer

Postby performer » December 18th, 2016, 9:48 pm

Indeed. I am not in the least surprised you use a crystal ball.

magicfish

Postby magicfish » April 24th, 2017, 2:41 am

Anyone here remember the Mike Rogers Crystal Ball?

Xavier

Postby Xavier » May 15th, 2017, 7:28 am

Thank you for sharing! This is great!
--Xavier

Brett McCarron
Favorite Magician: Robert A. Nelson

Postby Brett McCarron » February 17th, 2020, 9:51 am

magicfish wrote:Anyone here remember the Mike Rogers Crystal Ball?

You will pick the Ace of Diamonds.
Hi, I'm B.W. McCarron, author of Kara's Crystal Visions; Clearly Mental; Seers, Psychics, Sinners and Salesmen; The Gambling Magician, etc.

PressureFan
Favorite Magician: Brian Gillis

Postby PressureFan » February 17th, 2020, 2:46 pm

I still have my Mike Rogers Crystal Ball. Mike sent it to me as a bonus when I ordered his dice stacking set.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”