Chunneling By Joshua Quinn - Need some tips

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Head Games
Favorite Magician: Tommy Wonder

Chunneling By Joshua Quinn - Need some tips

Postby Head Games » May 13th, 2014, 3:16 pm

So I have been messing around and trying out chunneling on a few friends and my parents. Now mind you, my dad was really hung over and my mom is not very good at following directions. But 3 things were pretty apparent, that following such a set of questions and choices might be hard for some people to follow. And the next (in my own mind) was that the method was pretty apparent if you thought about it. And last, I noticed that quite a few people had a hard time arriving at a new word that was in the fruit category, or state category that started with the 2nd letter, or last letter of their original word.

It went, Think of a word, take the last letter and think of a state that starts with the letter, Take the 2nd letter of that new word and think of a fruit that starts with that letter, then think of the last letter of the fruit and think of a breakfast food, then id get them on egg(s). Then I would try and take it one step further and say... you think of the first letter of the word, you the 2nd and you the last, and then try and get it on Emerald, guitar and gun.

Anyone that has successfully played around with this, Do you have any tips to adjust it or structure it so it works better? Am I phrasing it wrong? I know that doing it one on one or 3 on one is not as good as doing it to a whole audience, But I am just practicing it right now until I am comfortable to do it in front of more people.
Last edited by Head Games on May 13th, 2014, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Mystico

Re: Chunneling By Joshua Quinn - Need some tips

Postby El Mystico » May 13th, 2014, 3:26 pm

Might be worth trying with an audience that can spell simple words like 'follow'.

Head Games
Favorite Magician: Tommy Wonder

Re: Chunneling By Joshua Quinn - Need some tips

Postby Head Games » May 13th, 2014, 4:37 pm

El Mystico wrote:Might be worth trying with an audience that can spell simple words like 'follow'.

Quote from Friends with Benefits (2011) - "Did you get what I was saying? Then don't be a dick"

haha

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”