Eye of Odin

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Jonathan Pendragon

Eye of Odin

Postby Jonathan Pendragon » June 21st, 2013, 7:23 am

I have always been a fan Al Koran's work. The gentlemen who created the Eye of Odin were kind enough to send me an advanced set. Thus I am able to talk about it having messed with the whole set-up for months. The is a great piece of magic.

First, it is visually very strong. The engraving can be played to the hilt as it can be inspected by the audience. I like the ancient artifact feel since it never "dates" itself the way Room Service did when that form of key was replaced with a plastic card. The amulet being held by the cord before the box is opened is also a great reinforcement of the "It's been in the open since the beginning" element that make or breaks these routines.

The set up takes a little work getting perfect, but anything that's good always does. Personally I place the box on a plexiglass plate held by an audience member which gives an important move good cover since I remove the box (in a manner that's clean and logical) to unburden the spectator of the plate. I also make my final approach (sounds like I am landing an airplane) with empty hands via use of a magnet.

I'm performing in the Peller at the Magic Castle soon and The Eye of Odin will part of the closing segment.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”