Lou Tannen's Magic Medallion - gold stuff??

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Jeff Haas

Lou Tannen's Magic Medallion - gold stuff??

Postby Jeff Haas » May 10th, 2013, 2:27 am

I found my original Magic Medallion, from Lou Tannen's, deep in a box in my garage. I have a small supply of the plastic gold foil, but does anyone know what the modern equivalent is?

Magicguyri

Re: Lou Tannen's Magic Medallion - gold stuff??

Postby Magicguyri » January 3rd, 2014, 12:51 pm

Jeff,
I use this regularly, and there is no modern day product that I am aware of that will do what the gold foil does...and believe me, I tried!
If per chance you are interested in parting with this, I have for a long time wanting a spare.
Happy New Years,
Lon Cerel
Lon@LonCerel.com

M.Lee

Postby M.Lee » March 16th, 2014, 10:54 pm

A. Koran Created a Great effect here .
The Secret "Gold Stuff" can be located at
any Stationary Supply House, Office Max, Staples Etc.

Hope this Helps

Michael Lee

MJE
Favorite Magician: Craig Karges

Postby MJE » March 19th, 2014, 11:26 pm

Actally, I loved going to Tannen's when I was close enough to go. Very cool. And I met old friends there. I won't name-drop, but it was a fun era.

I have, however, heard some pretty bad stories about Lou. It seems that he was the original magic knock-off guy. From a locking linking ring to a table sawing, this guy would pay for 20 and make 50.

I don't know for sure if this was actually happening or if there were sour grapes involved. The stories seem pretty consistant, though.

But, WOW, did I ever love going up the elevator and having the doors open to this place of mystery and enchantment! It didn't hurt that I was usually with my pals from NYC, who were sort-of celebre ties, of course. Roller skates were always a big plus back then.

By that time, Spina was runing the show. There may still have been (as I've heard) the back room knock-off operation going, but it didn't seem to matter. The stuff coming from India was so cheap....why bother?

Anyway, this just brought back some cool memories. Jeez....I miss those guys.....

-MJ

Arkadia

Postby Arkadia » March 26th, 2014, 9:17 am

There is a similar effect out there which I have been part of developing. It is called Eye of Odin and can be seen here: http://www.metalwriting.com

I am biased since I sell this item so I won't go into detail about the effect itself. But it is an engraved medallion - not in gold but in a silver metal. The method is not the same as in the ones named above.

Best,

Arkadia

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”