Picky about mentalism

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
CharmingCheat

Picky about mentalism

Postby CharmingCheat » February 8th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Hey guys so here it is,

What are the best hard hitting mental ism effects out there. I am not looking to become a mentalist but it has always been an area of interest and I'm looking to expand my repertoire. I've read quite a bit on the subject (thirteen steps, kenton kneppers stuff, luke jermay, banachek) and found a few effects I like but not many.
But I would like some recommendations from more seasoned mentalists or magicians with the same problem.
I enjoy simple hard hitting mental ism. Simple in presentation, I don't have a problem putting in the time for a difficult method if necessary.
For example the couple of effects I do preform are stigmata PK time for andruzzi. Stuff that requires little to no props.
any good recommendations?

Charming Cheat

Brian Morton

Re: Picky about mentalism

Postby Brian Morton » February 8th, 2011, 11:06 pm

Isn't that sort of like walking into a room full of pros and asking, "Hey guys, can you create an act for me?"

brian :cool:

P.S.: Oh, and Martin Nash was the Charming Cheat.

Dick Christian

Postby Dick Christian » February 9th, 2011, 8:24 am

CharmingCheat wrote:Hey guys so here it is,

What are the best hard hitting mental ism effects out there. I am not looking to become a mentalist but it has always been an area of interest and I'm looking to expand my repertoire. I've read quite a bit on the subject (thirteen steps, kenton kneppers stuff, luke jermay, banachek) and found a few effects I like but not many.

But I would like some recommendations from more seasoned mentalists or magicians with the same problem.
Charming Cheat

Am I the only one who senses an inconsistency here. First you say you dont want to become a mentalist, but that youve been studying the subject. Then you ask for recommendations for hard-hitting effects. If youre not interested in being a mentalist whats the point? Most mentalists are reluctant to share ideas with those who are simply collectors of secrets.
Dick Christian

CharmingCheat

Postby CharmingCheat » February 9th, 2011, 6:08 pm

I apoligize for the improper wording of the question nand I did not mean any insult. I have been doing magic for seven years and recently earned contracts with a few local businesses and restaurants. I figured forums would be the best way toWhat I meant was mentalism is not the entire basis of my act. Cons are. I have been working on developing a section of my act discussing fraudlent psychics (Not an expose more of a demonstration. My repitoire of mentalism is limited. Im more hoping to be pointed in a helpful direction to perfect this part of my presentation because at the moment Im experimenting with Kenton Kneppers Mind Reading and a prediction effect but I would like to add some more.

Charming Cheat

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Postby Ted M » February 9th, 2011, 11:28 pm

So, is your middle name "Handcuff"?

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”