13 Steps To Mentalism DVD by Richard Osterlind

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Mark.Lewis

Re: 13 Steps To Mentalism DVD by Richard Osterlind

Postby Mark.Lewis » October 28th, 2009, 6:28 pm

Actually Corinda gave me my first bit of business advice. It was more than 45 years ago as I recall. At that time there was a tax in the UK known as Purchase Tax. It has since been abolished ages ago and I can't even remember the nature of it. Since I was doing business at the time I asked Corinda how I was supposed to remit this to the government and the legal ins and outs of it. His advice came in four words, "Keep your mouth shut!"

I rather think Corinda attended the Derek Lever School of Business.

Barefoot Boy
Favorite Magician: Kreskin

Postby Barefoot Boy » October 28th, 2009, 6:43 pm

I suspect I would've found Corinda HIGHLY amusing!!!
Paul :)
Outward sunshine; Inward joy,
Blessings on thee, Barefoot Boy.
www.mindreader.ca

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » October 28th, 2009, 8:31 pm

Actually you wouldn't.

Barefoot Boy

Postby Barefoot Boy » October 28th, 2009, 9:57 pm

now why would that be, pray?

www.mindreader.ca

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » October 28th, 2009, 10:52 pm

You know perfectly well why. Now please change the subject

Justin Lewis

Postby Justin Lewis » November 5th, 2009, 2:14 pm

absolutely love 13 STEPS. The book has been a great tool for me for years. Richard Osterlind lends his expertise and amazing teaching abilities to 13 Steps material. If your like me and learn better from seeing it performed and then taught then you love this collection. GO GET IT! Worth way more than what it is being sold for.
The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.- Anonymous

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » November 5th, 2009, 2:20 pm

I certainly recommend the book. I haven't seen the DVDs so I will have to suspend judgement until I do. Mind you I am a fan of Osterlind's thinking and teaching. Incidentally who is the producer of these tapes?

Barefoot Boy

Postby Barefoot Boy » November 5th, 2009, 4:01 pm

It was made by L&L Publishing.

www.mindreader.ca

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » November 5th, 2009, 11:26 pm

Thank you Paul. You also mentioned to me that you thought it would be a wonderful idea if Corinda himself introduced Richard Osterlind on the DVD. I do not believe that is the case. However I expect there is someone equally talented and charismatic. After all someone of Richard's stature would require a powerful presence and status to introduce him.
Who is it out of curiousity?

Justin Lewis

Postby Justin Lewis » November 5th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Jim sisti introduces Osterlind. Jim has been Richards "side kick" in the teaching parts of Richards dvds.
The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.- Anonymous

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » November 5th, 2009, 11:59 pm

Oh dear! I feel quite unwell.......................

I was hoping it might be Jeff Busby.

SteveP

Postby SteveP » November 30th, 2009, 1:32 pm

Corinda sent Osterlind a very complimentary email. It's posted all over on other forums but didn't seem to make it here.

Dear Richard,

I have now had the opportunity (through the kindness of Martin MacMillan) to watch the complete set of DVD's you and your colleagues have produced and I am writing to compliment you all for an excellent job. I am most impressed with your endeavours to give a visual interpretation of my original work.

In my view, your work will enable many more people to venture into Mentalism. More than those who simply had to learn from reading matter. Something I could not have done with the aid of a battered old typewriter as my only means of conveying information. I think this presentation is a vast improvement on teaching the subject. I wonder what they will say, in fifty years time (about you and me), when they are communicating by telepathy?

I am pleased that you stuck to the idea of building blocks on techniques to construct a complete mental act. Your selection of effects and principles has worked very well indeed.
It must have been a formidable task but you got it right.

For this, and much more, you deserve and now get my congratulations!

Tony Corinda. Norfolk. England, 2009.

MichaelPicard

Postby MichaelPicard » December 27th, 2009, 11:55 pm

Hi, I have the set of DVD's and have wached them all. I am greatly impressed overall. But Alas I am jaded as I am familiar with the book and also have all of Richard's DVDs. I m sure it was dificult to determine which effects are used on the video because if Richard were to do the entire book then I am sure we would be purchasing a mini series.( do they have those anymore? or am I showing my age?
I wish there were more actual effects on the video but who knows how much time that would take up.
I would suggest anyone who does have the 13 steps that when they order this DVD set, use it as a "supplement" and please do not order it on its own expecting a comlete dvd replacement of the book.
The two make an excellent companion for learning.

http://michaelpicard.com

Jager

Postby Jager » December 28th, 2009, 12:39 pm

MichaelPicard wrote:Hi, I have the set of DVD's and have wached them all.

What condition did they arrive in? Was the holder damaged with some of the disks rattling around inside?
Kelly Smith
Jager

MichaelPicard

Postby MichaelPicard » December 28th, 2009, 3:40 pm

Hi yes the case was damaged and the discs would not stay in the holder. I take it this happened to you as well?

Jager

Postby Jager » December 28th, 2009, 5:11 pm

MichaelPicard wrote:Hi yes the case was damaged and the discs would not stay in the holder. I take it this happened to you as well?

Yes it happened to mine as well. I think it is an inherent problem with the case design. I am probably going to copy the cover and make up individual jewel cases for the discs.
Kelly Smith

Jager

SteveP

Postby SteveP » January 3rd, 2010, 9:32 am

MichaelPicard wrote:I would suggest anyone who does have the 13 steps that when they order this DVD set, use it as a "supplement" and please do not order it on its own expecting a comlete dvd replacement of the book.
The two make an excellent companion for learning.

On Richard's introductory remarks to the DVDs he recommends this. Neither Richard, or L&L ever considered this project to be a replacement of the book. Some of the early criticism that came out over these DVDs, before anyone had even seen them, was that 13 Steps was now going to be spoon-fed to a new generation of mentalists. The fact that there is more theory, than effects shows that is not the case.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”