Forcing Numbers

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Mark Tams

Forcing Numbers

Postby Mark Tams » February 9th, 2003, 8:50 pm

All of you mentalists out there, is there a way to force a certain number, or series of numbers on a spectator? In other words, "I'd like you to think of a number between 1-?". Is there a series of methods that can produce a desired number to control an outcome of an effect? I'd appreciate any insight on numerology. Thanks

Ted Leon

Re: Forcing Numbers

Postby Ted Leon » February 10th, 2003, 7:49 am

Mark,
You will find Richard Busch's, "Number Please" very helpful. :eek:
Ted (Leondo)

Postby Guest » February 10th, 2003, 10:33 am

Ted's right... "Number Please" and possibly Banachek's "Psychological Subtleties" are the easiest resources to work with... I'll probably get the actual title wrong but Annemann's 101 or 102 Forces... I think you can get it for less than $5.00 in most magic shops. It's loaded with all kinds of math based force techniques using dice, coins, cards, etc.

CHRIS

Postby CHRIS » February 10th, 2003, 10:39 am

Originally posted by Craig Browning:
I'll probably get the actual title wrong but Annemann's 101 or 102 Forces... I think you can get it for less than $5.00 in most magic shops. It's loaded with all kinds of math based force techniques using dice, coins, cards, etc.
It's "202 Methods of Forcing". I sell it as ebook for an outrageous $1.00 :-) (Click on the title and you see for yourself)

Chris Wasshuber
preserving magic one book at a time.

Postby Guest » February 10th, 2003, 11:36 am

Steve Banachek Shaw also has his method of number forcing with his PK Time manuscript.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.stores.ebay.ca/ABstagecraft
Supplying unique mentalism worldwide
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... tegory=427
Take advantage of our February special birthday offer!!!!

Mark Tams

Postby Mark Tams » February 10th, 2003, 12:00 pm

Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! If there is any more sources out there, or ideas, they certainly would be welcome. Thanks!
Mark

Bob Alan

Postby Bob Alan » February 10th, 2003, 6:05 pm

hi,
you can also find "202 Methods of Forcing" online on The Learned Pig Project web site: http://www.thelearnedpig.com.pa/

Bob

Dr Adrian Solon

Postby Dr Adrian Solon » February 11th, 2003, 7:40 am

Mark
If you want to force the total of several numbers added together (each number chosen by a different spectator), you can use something like a Kozar Prediction Notepad, or even a Himber or Mindspy wallet.
Regards
Dr Adrian Solon

Postby Guest » February 11th, 2003, 9:52 am

Mark.

Are you looking for a psychological force of one or more numbers(ie, your asking someone to simply name the numbers and hoping you have "predicted" correctly(With outs)
Or are you looking for an actual mechanical forcing device to control these numbers

The post and replies are unclear/

I'd love to help`if I knew exactly what you were talking about/

Dean Atkinson

Mark Tams

Postby Mark Tams » February 11th, 2003, 5:16 pm

Dean, I'm looking to be able to ask a spectator to think of a number, out loud. One of the numbers I'm looking for is 35 or 37. I've been given the ruse of asking a spectator to think of a number between 1-52. Make it a double digit number, and both digits are odd. 35 is the most common number followed by 37, then 17 & 19. I'm okay with that, just what is the justification to ask them to think of a double digit number and both digits odd? It works, and I like the psychological ploy, just needs to have some reasoning? I would prefer to stay away from mechanical devices. I'd like to through instruction, control the thinking aspect to apparently come up with this random number. Any help on this ruse or similar items would be appreciated!!!!!!
Mark

Postby Guest » February 19th, 2003, 8:12 pm

Mark- WHat I do on the "35" force to cover the "limitations" is to write the number, then as if giving them clues state" ok, I'll let ya know that both digits are differnt," look at the number again and say "and both are odd, if that helps you receive the number I am trying to transmit to you."
www.mindmagic.myfoolmoon.com

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”