Footnote to Cold Reading Thread (sorry!)

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Footnote to Cold Reading Thread (sorry!)

Postby Guest » October 23rd, 2003, 3:56 pm

I know that Dustin has closed this thread and I also know that I am not supposed to be here.

In truth I figured that I had had my fun and I would keep away from now on.

However, my name was mentioned on that thread and Mr.Kross has suggested that I am "a liar, thief and swindler"

I think I should just mention briefly a couple of things here and then I will leave you all in peace.

First I no longer do psychic readings. They make me very sad.

Second I have always conducted my psychic business in as ethical a way as I could in an admittedly murky business. I feel good about the lives I have changed in a positive way. My friends ( I do have some!) will confirm that I am a compassionate person and do my utmost to give a client hope and help. I feel their pain and have used every ounce of my being to help them to help themselves.I have not always succeeded but I have tried.

No. I am not a "liar, thief and swindler" I have never used my position to knowingly abuse or manipulate anyone. I have never removed "curses" predicticted gloom and doom, or preyed on the vulnerable.

Martin Breese put out an audiotape in 1991 of my work. I think Martin is going to shortly put out a CD soon on it. He will no doubt confirm this since I am not entirely sure if this is his intention.

Martin will confirm that a very large part of this audiotape consists of a large discussion of the ethics of being a reader. I suspect there is more discussion on the ethical side of the psychic business than you will see anywhere up to now. The "liar, thief and swindler" has discussed the ethics of readings more than any other person who has written about the subject.

Some swindler.

Mr.William Rauscher wrote a recent book about mentalists that I quite enjoyed despite a negative reviews in some quarters. He mentioned me on a couple of pages talking about my lack of ethics.

Again someone that does not know me or my commitment to the wellbeing of the vulnerable people who have visited me.

I sleep well at night.

This is one point where I had to be serious.

I owe it to all the vulnerable and distressed people who saw me, rightly or wrongly as a beacon of faint light in their darkness.

I am going now. I won't bother you for a while.

Mark Lewis

Re: Footnote to Cold Reading Thread (sorry!)

Postby Guest » October 23rd, 2003, 5:28 pm

Good for you Mark. I recognize you as an authority in this area.
Steve V

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: Footnote to Cold Reading Thread (sorry!)

Postby Dustin Stinett » October 23rd, 2003, 6:20 pm

And, as this is a footnote (and Mark's rebuttal to a direct comment about him), it will end here, okay?

Thanks!
Dustin

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”