Ripleys Beleive it or Not!

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Re: Ripleys Beleive it or Not!

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2006, 9:32 am

Good morning Starshine!! The Earth says hello!

Yes there are two videos on the site, One on the "splash" page and one hidden in the "press" section (The one where I roll my eyes).

What I never have mentioned here (forum) is that I am often hired and known for playing a "villian" so the egotistical playfulness with the spectator is present in the "busking" video. I was hired at that event to basically "scare the kids, be a bad guy"- an opposite to the other acts, and was very very well received as such.

I do also agree with respecting the audience which I dont regard as old school but a standard. I always thank and support a spectator onstage or in person.

See ya

M

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2006, 11:14 am

Originally posted by Mysterion:

What I never have mentioned here (forum) is that I am often hired and known for playing a "villian" so the egotistical playfulness with the spectator is present in the "busking" video. I was hired at that event to basically "scare the kids, be a bad guy"- an opposite to the other acts, and was very very well received as such.
M
Ah, I thought you were just being a jerk. But you were only acting like a jerk. Cool.

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2006, 11:57 am

Scared me.....

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2006, 12:47 pm

Muahahahahaha

Mysterion

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2006, 1:14 pm

I can indeed confirm that Mysterion is the sort of performer that would scare children as he indeed claims to do.

However at the sort of venues he works at children are not in great abundance. Most fortunate for both he and the children.

Somehow I do not see him performing Run Rabbit Run.

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2006, 3:02 pm

I think the point is, if a website is being used as a selling tool and the character of the performer is not clear so the potential buyer knows what he's getting, then the video or testimonials or whatever do not serve either the performer or the entertainment buying public.

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2006, 4:45 pm

Perhaps not. However this thread was about Mysterion and the Ripleys accolade rather than his website.
He was not the one who posted the website on here. Presumably he is not looking for business from the Genii Forum.
However he did get you to go to the trouble of doing a search for him. Presumably you had an interest in doing so.
Naturally I assume you did not do so from malevolent intentions. I expect Mysterion will show suitable gratitude to you for your obvious interest and respect for him and will no doubt add you to his fan base.

I assume that you will shortly be congratulating him on his achievement in getting into this book in the same way that Mr Coles has generously done.

I know that fellow performers always wish the best to their colleagues and that jealousy is quite unknown in the world of magic. I must say that this is a very welcome trend and I am quite sure that Mysterion is terribly grateful for it.

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2006, 6:31 pm

The guy got Ripley's to declare him a kickass mentalist? Great! Seriously.

If he truly IS, then kudos!

If he truly ISN'T, yet mentalized them into saying he IS, then double-kudos!

P&L
D

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2006, 7:38 pm

To change the subject somewhat did you know that Ripley's owned around 8 or 9 magic shops at one time? In fact possibly more. Ron Conley was in charge of all of them in the seventies.

I am not sure Mysterion was even born then.

I have no memory of the matter but it seems that I first met Mysterion before he was Mysterion. The event happened in another country far,far away about 16-18 years ago.

Since he is only around 29 or so now he must have been about 14 at the time. I have no memory of the event. Perhaps it is just as well.

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2006, 8:30 pm

Why do I feel like Mark Lewis is laughing his butt off over this thread :confused:

Sorry guys, but I think folks are being stroked and really big time.

Postby Guest » December 2nd, 2006, 4:00 pm

I dont know any Mark Lewis? He is only talked about in whispers and in secret circles!! whatever you do MR HENRY dont mention his name here Haha

Do I look that young still? I (and my twin)was born in the early seventies.... but thats a secret!!!

And I didnt know that about Ripleys owning the shops. interesting!!!

Take care

Mysterion

Postby Guest » December 3rd, 2006, 7:19 am

Originally posted by Mysterion:
I dont know any Mark Lewis? He is only talked about in whispers and in secret circles!! whatever you do MR HENRY dont mention his name here Haha

Do I look that young still? I (and my twin)was born in the early seventies.... but thats a secret!!!

And I didnt know that about Ripleys owning the shops. interesting!!!

Take care

Mysterion
I rest my case... :whack:

Eugene2

Postby Eugene2 » April 18th, 2010, 9:21 am

Does he perform at Ripleyss. I want to see.
Keep to the Code

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”