Constructing Ted Lesley's Teleport Envelopes

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Constructing Ted Lesley's Teleport Envelopes

Postby Guest » August 10th, 2004, 10:11 am

Hi,
This post is for those that have constructed Ted Lesley's teleport envelopes. Following the directions laid out in Paramiracles, I have created a number of these envelopes, however I'm having an issue with the rubber cement. What type of rubber cement or adhesive do you use, and where can I purchase it? I have been using Elmer's rubber cement, however it is not sticky enough for the envelope to work effectively. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Oz

Vraagaard

Re: Constructing Ted Lesley's Teleport Envelopes

Postby Vraagaard » August 10th, 2004, 11:38 am

Hi OZ,

Nice to see a Penguin. I use FIXOGUM rubber cement, since it's the one that followed the riginal teleport envelopes. However it can only be bought from a german website. Try and google it.

But i've found plenty of ruber cement products on the net, however in cans not in tubes.

Good luck. And by the way don't float the teleport envelopes among the card magicians. We would prefer to keep to mentalists instead of having it performed by every street magician - if you know what I mean.

If you like I can send you an awesome card application for the teleportation envelope that I have invented.

Ray Eden

Postby Ray Eden » August 10th, 2004, 12:57 pm

I've constructed them as well, but I'm currently living in Finland so can't be too much help with product. But for European magi who may have the same question . . . I use Starkey Rubber Cement which works very well. I use it for creating CENTER TEAR and SQUIRCLE gimmicks as well. When I lived in the US I used a rubber cement that came in a glass container, but I don't remember the brand.

Do allow the rubber cement on both surfaces a bit of time to 'set' before constructing. It makes for a better adhesion.

R. Eden

Postby Guest » August 10th, 2004, 12:58 pm

Ted Lesley has an updated method of constructing the envelopes. Email him for details. It is a lot better than the original. Or...you could buy them professionally made by him.

Ray Eden

Postby Ray Eden » August 10th, 2004, 1:01 pm

The new method is also demonstrated on his DVD series (Ted Lesley Cabaret Magic: Volume Two).

R. Eden

Postby Guest » August 10th, 2004, 3:32 pm

Hi R. Eden,
I own both of Mr. Lesley's DVDs, and have watched them both in their entirety at least half a dozen times. Are you certain that he touches the construction of the teleport envelope? I know he uses it in one routine, but doesn't show how it is constructed. Please let me know where in the video you saw this. Thanks everyone for the advice on rubber cement, and on emailing Ted Lesley for a revised method of construction.

Regards,
Oz

Postby Guest » August 10th, 2004, 3:33 pm

Hi R. Eden,
I own both of Mr. Lesley's DVDs, and have watched them both in their entirety at least half a dozen times. Are you certain that he teaches the construction of the teleport envelope? I know he uses it in one routine, but doesn't show how it is constructed. Please let me know where in the video you saw this. Thanks everyone for the advice on rubber cement, and on emailing Ted Lesley for a revised method of construction.

Regards,
Oz

PS> Vraagaard, feel free to send me your application of the envelope. I'd love to check it out, though the routines I have in mind for this utility gimmick do not involve cards.

Necromancer

Postby Necromancer » August 10th, 2004, 7:05 pm

Hi Oz,

I make several Teleport envelopes every week for my show, "Supernatural Chicago," and the rubber cement I use is...Elmer's.

Drop me a note and perhaps we can figure out what the exact problem is.

Best,
Neil
www.SupernaturalChicago.com
Neil Tobin, Necromancer

Ray Eden

Postby Ray Eden » August 10th, 2004, 10:28 pm

Oz,

Yes, I'm absolutely sure that it is included on the DVD series (along with a bill in lemon effect if I remember correctly). Perhaps its not on the video. The 'marketing' that they did was to show him doing an effect with the Teleport Envelope on the first of the series, but include the construction on the second. Sneaky ways to ensure that both are bought!! This seems to be a common technique. I just thought to add that mine is the European PAL version. I don't know if this makes a difference or not. I had mentioned in another thread regarding the envelope that Lesley's mentions that a template for making the envelopes was included with the DVD, but it wasn't. I made my own templates and went from there.

R. Eden

Postby Guest » August 10th, 2004, 11:52 pm

I use Pritt Roller, permanent:

http://www.scrapbookheritage.com.au/category21_1.htm

I have found that this Roller Glue works like a dream for Teleport Envelopes.

Pritt Compact Glue Roller
Removable & Permanent Bonding
The compact adhesive roller for paper, cardboard and photos. Glues instantly, evenly and accurately with no smearing or running. Perfect for photos, collages, self-stick notes and more. Available in both permanent and "On & Off"removable adhesive. Won't dry out, solvent-free. 8,4 mm x 8,5 m.
http://www.prittworld.com/uk/

Vraagaard

Postby Vraagaard » August 11th, 2004, 12:23 am

Originally posted by Oz Pearlman:
Hi R. Eden,
I own both of Mr. Lesley's DVDs, and have watched them both in their entirety at least half a dozen times. Are you certain that he teaches the construction of the teleport envelope? I know he uses it in one routine, but doesn't show how it is constructed. Please let me know where in the video you saw this. Thanks everyone for the advice on rubber cement, and on emailing Ted Lesley for a revised method of construction.

Regards,
Oz

PS> Vraagaard, feel free to send me your application of the envelope. I'd love to check it out, though the routines I have in mind for this utility gimmick do not involve cards.
Hi Again,

Yes its on the Lesley DVD. It a little confusing, because its on the opposite DVD of the one where he actually uses the Envelope. Meaning on one DVD he uses the envelope with a book effect (missing page) and it's not on that dvd. It's on the other where he demonstrates card in lemon.

I'll actually post my routine here in thsi forum for everyone to read. It's called "A scissors revenge". I'll post it in 5 minutes under the mentalism section.

Postby Guest » August 14th, 2004, 6:29 pm

Oz Pearlman wants to know about a good rubber cement for making a Teleport Envelope. I have always used Elmer's Rubber Cement and have no difficulty at all. Just make sure that both surfaces are coated.

John Coulter

Postby Guest » October 8th, 2004, 9:05 pm

I would like to buy Ted Lesley's teleport envelops. Please give me his e-mail address or his homepage. Thank you.

Postby Guest » October 9th, 2004, 11:07 am

http://www.wonderworkshop.de/

The online shop web is temporary out of work, looks like they are doing some updates or something...

Vraagaard

Postby Vraagaard » October 11th, 2004, 3:35 am

You can also buy them at www.hocus-pocus.com , at least thats were I bought mine.

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”