Gravity Box

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Gravity Box

Postby Guest » November 22nd, 2005, 2:38 pm

Hello Friends

I`m interested in the Gravity Box, but I`ve got some doubts.

- Is Really Imposible to lift by a spectator?

- Theres is " Angle problems" ?

If someone has it, please put your comments about it

thanks so much
and have a nice and happy dauy of thankgivings

Flint

GAMOLO

Re: Gravity Box

Postby GAMOLO » November 22nd, 2005, 3:44 pm

If by the "Gravity" box you are referring to the MODERN LIGHT/HEAVY CHEST manufactured by Tressler (which is a non-magnetic version of the Houdin effect)
then I can heartily recommend same.

The gimmick would require someone being able to dislodge 80 pounds from a table top....and, if placed on the floor (where it should be for maximum presentation mode) would be damn near impossible for even a circus strong man to dislodge (bent over).

It is very effective and a real fooler. There really are no angle problems...... unless someone was above you and could see into the box from a bird's eye view.
I have not seen the knock-offs so don't know if they are employing the same quality gimmick.

Re: Gravity Box

Postby Guest » November 24th, 2005, 9:15 pm

I have this and recommend it, assuming you have an appropriate routine. Mine fits into a story context, and I have a second presentation with the presentation of a light/heavy silk (taking some focus off the box) and ending with glorpy on top of the box signing an autograph for the participant.

Now with regard to the box, you must pre-test the surface upon which you will place the box...not all floors work well.

I carry a low table I can use, and I can place a foot on a low rung that runs along the bottom from leg to leg on the floor.

Peace...Fred Reisz

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”