Help with Vapr replacement tips

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

Help with Vapr replacement tips

Postby MaxNY » December 5th, 2017, 8:15 pm

I purchased a Vapr two years ago. I am embarrassed to admit, I still have not opened it. I am slightly nervous about the "tip" not being "Moist" enough after sitting unused for two years. I have seen new improved tips for sale on Ebay, but most dealers appear to be sold out of replacement tips. Can any users of Vapr please help me identify... or steer me to the best new replacement tip Are these tips I can buy from bulk Ebay-Vape distributors....?

Brian Douglas
Favorite Magician: Max Maven

Re: Help with Vapr replacement tips

Postby Brian Douglas » August 7th, 2018, 11:11 pm

A lot of magic shops are now selling the replacement heat coil, but do not offer instructions on how to install it. The existing coil is connected by 2 wires which I cannot see where they connect. A lot of people on forums are asking the same question so it must be a common concern.

Has anyone changed out their heat coil and can shine and provide some guidance?

Fredrick
Favorite Magician: Eugene Burger

Postby Fredrick » August 11th, 2018, 9:50 am

My VAPR died also - much sooner than I expected especially based on the price point. My research proved that our experience is quite common. Of the three components in the smoke production unit, two of the three have design issues. The original heater coils died quickly. SansMinds has since released a new model that is supposed to work. However, it’s the vaporizer that’s the issue for myself and others. While replacements are listed on their website, they have been out of stock for a long time. Multiple emails to SansMinds have gone unanswered.

A UK magic dealer, Prop Dog, has posted videos on how to hack VAPR and use an e-cigarette as the smoke unit. They also offer an adapter that accommodates the e-cigarettes size. It appears that standard e-cigarette is wider than the VAPR vaporizer. I haven’t pursued this avenue yet.

My next step is to take the unit into a Smoke/Vape shop and ask if they have something similar and go from there.

I now understand why SansMinds sold an extended warranty. Perhaps they knew the design had issues.
"Try to find the humanity in the magic..." ~ Michael Moschen
The Jinx Companion

rpmagicshop
Favorite Magician: Michael Ammar

Postby rpmagicshop » August 11th, 2018, 6:31 pm

Hi, I may have a tip for you at the shop.
I will check Monday to see if I have it, I also have a pack of refills, I will post back on Monday
Rich

Brian Douglas

Postby Brian Douglas » August 11th, 2018, 6:37 pm

I bought mine used off of an auction site on FB. It worked when I first received it. I find it odd that every magic shop is offering replacement coils but offer no instructions...

rpmagicshop
Favorite Magician: Michael Ammar

Postby rpmagicshop » August 12th, 2018, 12:03 pm

Hi, I also have the instructions I can send you, hopefully I did not delete them,
Rich

Brian Douglas

Postby Brian Douglas » August 13th, 2018, 12:29 am

That's awesome if you still have them.

I use the Vapr to make Behemoth smoke.

Jack Shalom

Postby Jack Shalom » August 13th, 2018, 8:19 am

Hmmm...Your wonderful puppet Behemoth looks awfully familiar, Brian. Tribute to a devious friend?

Brian Douglas

Postby Brian Douglas » August 13th, 2018, 10:13 pm

Jack Shalom wrote:Hmmm...Your wonderful puppet Behemoth looks awfully familiar, Brian. Tribute to a devious friend?

I'm a huge Russian Literature fan. Behemoth is a 'cat' from The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov.

He is but one of many ;)

Brian Douglas

Postby Brian Douglas » February 10th, 2019, 7:31 pm

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M7 ... UTF8&psc=1

I ordered 2 so that I would have a backup. I needed the original Vapr to have my puppet Behemoth smoke a cigar. This works beautifully and a fraction of the cost.

The hand pump provides the smoke I need to simulate a puff off his cigar, but if you have the original Vapr pump/motor you should be able to easily connect to this hand model and use as a smoke device.

Pros: The price, works well, and comes with a 10 pack of puffs (oils). Rechargeable by USP connection.

Cons: Ships from China so it will take awhile to arrive, has no instructions.

Overall: It is worth the purchase. I figured out the device without the instructions (unscrew smoke capsule and connect usb to cable. Comes with a capsule attached but is dried out so replace. Make sure connections are tight to prevent smoke leakage.

$16 delivered if you have Prime.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”