Color Changing Knives

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Jim Riser

Color Changing Knives

Postby Jim Riser » July 3rd, 2017, 12:33 am

For sale - 3 sets of color changing knives (3 knives per set). $60 per set + $7 USA shipping. See both sides of the knives at:
http://jamesriser.com/RedGreen.jpg
http://jamesriser.com/PurpleYellow.jpg
http://jamesriser.com/BlueYellow.jpg

Payable by PayPal to jriser@jamesriser.com

Jim Riser
5635 East Fairmount St.
Tucson, AZ 85712-4221
520 eight eight five 3667

Jim Riser

Re: Color Changing Knives

Postby Jim Riser » July 3rd, 2017, 2:01 pm

To answer a question, yes, these are the unsharpened knives as they come from the maker. With these dull blades, spectators do not get blood on your apparatus or close-up pad.
Jim

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 3rd, 2017, 4:00 pm

It's always a problem when there's blood ...
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » July 3rd, 2017, 6:17 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:It's always a problem when there's blood ...

40+ years ago I was in the audience in the close-up room at The Magic Castle. The performer had just finished a nice color changing knife routine and placed the two knives down on the table. No sooner than they were on the table, the lady on the right quickly snatched one and opened it cutting three fingers and bleeding quite freely. I decided right then - no sharp knives! That ruined her evening, that of the folks with her, and the performance. It is so easy to avoid such a problem.

BTW - the red/green set is sold.
Jim

Robert77

Postby Robert77 » July 4th, 2017, 3:13 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:It's always a problem when there's blood ...

...thus was Bizarre Magic born :)

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » July 4th, 2017, 6:19 pm

If i get these (beautiful) knives, the folks at my upcoming show - in Transylvania - are going to be disappointed.

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » July 7th, 2017, 7:08 pm

For those who have emailed me about color combinations....what is available may be seen here:
http://jamesriser.com/Magic/JamesRiserMagic.html
Jim

atkinsod

Postby atkinsod » July 8th, 2017, 8:36 pm

Hi Jim,

The knives look great! Are there any significant design differences between yours and Joe Mogar's knives? The base knives look very similar, other than your knives not being sharpened.

Just curious!

Doug Atkinson
http://magicref.tripod.com/magref/artknife.htm

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » July 8th, 2017, 10:27 pm

Hi Doug,
I think that most of us seek out knives with certain characteristics which make for good handling. I ran across these knives at a trade show around 10-12 years ago and bought a supply as the Merrill knives had been discontinued and I wanted to produce a nice replacement. After marketing them for a year or so, I boxed up the remaining knives as I stepped up my metal spinning operation. Until I recently received a request for a set, I had forgotten about them. I dug them out and handled up a few sets. The knife bodies were made in Pakistan like Joe's most likely are. When at a trade show where perhaps 30 knife dealers are displaying/selling (each with hundreds of different styles), there are very few knives good for modifying into CCK's. So this style of knife is a logical choice as it handles well. It is a standard knife design from the region where they are manufactured.
Jim

atkinsod

Postby atkinsod » July 10th, 2017, 1:30 pm

Thanks, Jim, that was very helpful. I've always enjoyed your website through the years, and was blessed to be able to pick up one of your micro Chop Cups back when you released one along with a routine/book by the late Dennis Loomis - keep up the good work!

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » July 31st, 2017, 9:51 pm

Snagged a purple/yellow set from Jim recently. The colors are awesome. If you collect CCKs, and/or perform this effect, grab a set!

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”