STEALTH REVEAL

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Jenzo

STEALTH REVEAL

Postby Jenzo » May 23rd, 2017, 4:26 am

Jenzo Harmonics
6 Smythies Avenue Colchester Essex CO1 2UR England
pnuk@hotmail.com

Good morning all :)
I have been working on a little side project this past month and am just testing the water with regards to potential interest.
I have designed a Small enamel pin badge which you could wear. It would be approx 25mm in size and takes the shape of a jack's head (from a deck of cards).
You could wear it and it would look inconspicuous but should you wish to use it for a trick it can be viewed in a way which would reveal a spectators card (forced).
I am looking into getting these made. They would cost £14 which would include postage.
If you think you'd be interested let me know via email to pnuk@hotmail.com. If enough people are I'll be able to go ahead with it as the badge creators have a minimum order number.
JH

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: STEALTH REVEAL

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 23rd, 2017, 10:25 am

Yes!!!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

brianarudolph

Postby brianarudolph » May 23rd, 2017, 8:37 pm

Two questions, JH:

1. Which Jack figure would it be? My own personal interest would be for the head of the Jack of Spades, a one-eyed Jack.
2. Can you tell us a bit more about what the spectator would actually see when the card is revealed?

Thanks,

Brian

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 23rd, 2017, 11:26 pm

Brian, they see the name of the chosen card.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

brianarudolph

Postby brianarudolph » May 24th, 2017, 9:42 am

I presumed that the name of the card shows up, but exactly what will that look like in performance? For example, does the name of the card appear over the image of the jack, or is the image of the jack temporarily "replaced" by a blank background and the name of the card? Given it's size, is it correct to presume that the actual name will be in the standard abbreviation of value/suit (e.g., 7 ❤) format? Do you have to take the pin off in performance, or can the spectator be shown the card when you want to reveal it while it's still pinned on you ?

None of these are showstoppers at all ... I just want to know more details about it.

Thanks!

Jenzo

Postby Jenzo » May 24th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Hi Brian,
Thanks for your questions (all of which are very valid)
Allow me to expand slightly...
The pin is the shape of a jack's head and looks like one of the four you would see on a standard bicycle deck.
My planned performance would be thus...
I would be wearing my pin throughout the performance, it is completely inconspicuous and would actually look rather swish on the discerning magicians lapel. When you choose to, you could force the required card and before you reveal say something along the lines of "actually, I'm taking a break, my assistant Jack is going to reveal your card this time"
Once they have seen their card (you don't need to see it) you can ask them to come closer to Jack. As you rotate your pin (you can remove it or leave it on) you can show them that the name of their card is written on it!
It is written out as words e.g. EIGHT OF HEARTS.
It has taken a lot of trail and error to get the graphics just right, and they do all the work for you. No switches etc. The pin looks totally inconspicuous and only when you show your spectator the words do they become clear to see.
Due to the nature of the effect I can't share a picture of the actual design, but will try and mock up a 'clean' version to share tomorrow.
I hope this is of assistance. I have ordered the badges this morning, lead time is usually 3 weeks but I will continue to post updates here. Only 50 are being made.
It will be an attractive item to wear on a daily basis and will serve well as an emergency trick!

Kind regards,
JH

brianarudolph

Postby brianarudolph » May 24th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Thanks so much, JH - count me IN!!!

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”