Rare Karl Fulves Book, Jack Miller Holdout, Slydini books , west Coast Quarterly magand Many other New Books & Effects

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
mike henkel

Rare Karl Fulves Book, Jack Miller Holdout, Slydini books , west Coast Quarterly magand Many other New Books & Effects

Postby mike henkel » February 17th, 2017, 12:46 am

This week at our auctions are a Rare Karl Fulves Book, Jack Miller Holdout, many Slydini books , West Coast Quarterly magazines and Many other New Books & Effects .Please visit us at http://www.ebay.com/sch/mhmagicmagazines/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1 Thanks Mike

Christopher1979
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, Dai Vernon, Darwin Ortiz, Ed Marlo

Re: Rare Karl Fulves Book, Jack Miller Holdout, Slydini books , west Coast Quarterly magand Many other New Books & Effe

Postby Christopher1979 » February 17th, 2017, 9:26 am

mike henkel wrote:This week at our auctions are a Rare Karl Fulves Book, Jack Miller Holdout, many Slydini books , West Coast Quarterly magazines and Many other New Books & Effects .Please visit us at http://www.ebay.com/sch/mhmagicmagazines/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1 Thanks Mike

Was going to buy your Karl Fulve but at $299?
Last one sold on eBay for $75 and most expensive copy online now is selling for $ 150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Auctions & Consignment for Historic Memorabilia and Collectibles
https://www.britannicauctions.com/magic-collectibles/

Bill Mullins

Re: Rare Karl Fulves Book, Jack Miller Holdout, Slydini books , west Coast Quarterly magand Many other New Books & Effe

Postby Bill Mullins » February 17th, 2017, 9:49 am

If it's too high, don't buy it.

(But I'll note that once I made an offer on a Fulves book that Mike was selling for slightly below what he was selling it for, and he took it.)

Roger M.

Postby Roger M. » February 17th, 2017, 10:46 am

The Fulves Faro book is quite scarce ... but but worth noting that it requires complete mastery of the Faro shuffle.
If you have your Faro shuffle down pat, the book is worth whatever you're willing to pay for it - but if you don't have your Faro shuffle perfected yet, it's probably not a practical buy beyond being a worthy (and scarce) collectible.

The thing about Fulves older books is that you may not see the one you're interested in for sale again for a year, two years ... or ???.
It's all about supply and demand.

Christopher1979
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, Dai Vernon, Darwin Ortiz, Ed Marlo

Postby Christopher1979 » February 17th, 2017, 12:31 pm

Roger M. wrote:The Fulves Faro book is quite scarce ... but but worth noting that it requires complete mastery of the Faro shuffle.
If you have your Faro shuffle down pat, the book is worth whatever you're willing to pay for it - but if you don't have your Faro shuffle perfected yet, it's probably not a practical buy beyond being a worthy (and scarce) collectible.

The thing about Fulves older books is that you may not see the one you're interested in for sale again for a year, two years ... or ???.
It's all about supply and demand.

I totally understand where you are coming from. I sell Antique and rare books for a living so i get it. I hope i didn't come across rude as that was not my intentions. I was just interested in knowing how you came up with the asking price. I have bought Fulves publications for many years and never paid over $180 even for the very rare titles. Like you said though if someone wants that particular title they could well pay what your asking.
Auctions & Consignment for Historic Memorabilia and Collectibles
https://www.britannicauctions.com/magic-collectibles/

reburbia

Postby reburbia » February 17th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Christopher, I think you should have made these comments in a private message.
"The moment someone with imagination and vision takes an effect... Everybody jumps up & says.. 'I can use that!'... Develop a little pride along with your magical ability." -Annemann

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » February 17th, 2017, 4:32 pm

Forum rules say that you are free to comment on items sold on ebay and elsewhere.

reburbia

Postby reburbia » February 17th, 2017, 6:02 pm

Just ignore me, I could have sworn I deleted that earlier comment.

Anyways, never said it was against the rules. But it penalizes the seller and discourages others buyers when someone publicly criticizes price. These are collectibles and it's just basic supply/demand. That's why a poster can sell for 100 thousand dollars...
"The moment someone with imagination and vision takes an effect... Everybody jumps up & says.. 'I can use that!'... Develop a little pride along with your magical ability." -Annemann

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » February 17th, 2017, 8:16 pm

I don't see any reason why sellers should be above criticism, especially about price, so long as it is expressed reasonably.

And I say that as someone who has made several satisfactory purchases from Mike Henkel. He comes up with good stuff. But sometimes, he prices them high.

mike henkel

Postby mike henkel » February 20th, 2017, 3:04 pm

I thank those that understand that it is a very subjective procedure when setting a price for items, and that open comments concerning a high asking price sometimes does not help the seller .These comments do follow the forum rules, and if one feels it is necessary to comment openly, that is fine. Open discussion is good. What one feels is a high amount another will find it a fair amount . The market price is what anyone is willing to pay for a item on any given day.This asking price takes into account the rarity, condition etc. of the item . At the end of the day, one can set the price on what seems fair at the time, and if it is not acceptable (too high) then no one will bid and the item will not sell. It is as simple as that .

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”