Magic For Sale

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
magicking
Favorite Magician: Tommy Wonder

Magic For Sale

Postby magicking » April 17th, 2016, 2:45 pm

Items for sale:
1. 34 inch P&A Dragon Silk - $62.96
2. Split Happens (DVD ONLY. No gimmicks!) - $14.95
3. Rewind (Gimmick and DVD, RED) by Mickael Chatelain - $68.99
4. Pimpernel Notecase - $64.71

FREE Shipping in the USA ONLY...PayPal ONLY

You can email me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Mike King - 208 South Oak Street - Dixon, MO 65459
Ph: 573-693-2870
Please leave a message. If I miss your call, I will call you back.

34 inch P&A Dragon Silk
$62.96, with FREE Shipping in the USA ONLY...PayPal ONLY...

Split Happens (DVD ONLY. No gimmicks!)
$14.95

Throw Coins – This is a very cool, very direct coins across routine. Four coins go across, from your left hand to your right hand, one at a time. Directly. Super easy to do. So very clean. I love it. What makes this different than a normal coins across, you are able to throw/toss the coins into your hand, instead of neatly placing them in the hands. This gives the routine a very fair feel to it. Stubborn Strolling Magician (SSM) Note: For those that do strolling with no table, you will want to rework the routine slightly. (Not to be confused with “sleightly”. Those shouldn’t need to be reworked.) It should be no problem at all to place the coins into an outstretched spectator’s hand instead of the table. Unless you’re extremely bold (I’m bold but not THAT bold), I’d probably structure it in such a way that the SC remains in my hand and the ungaffed coins are in the spectator’s hands.

Split Fly – Here’s a Three Fly routine at the fingertips that starts with the production of the three coins. While many of the moves here are standard across other Three Fly routines, the use of the SC makes this one ultra clean (I’m talking bubble bath). Those that do Three Fly routines should have no trouble jumping right into this routine (especially if you’re wearing your Air Jordan’s). If you don’t do a routine, Craig teaches all of the moves necessary, so it should make the learning process very easy. SSM Note: Completely done in the hands. A strolling worker’s dream. Craig gets bonus points for that. Please, Adam, tell me there’s no reset. Well boys and girls, today’s your lucky day. There’s no reset! (Mega-ultra bonus points!)

Split Coins Through Table – Here’s a very cool, coins through table, where three coins go through the table one at a time. You actually hear the coin tap against the table as the coins go through. The spectators choose the locations where the coins go through the table. After all three coins have gone through, as a finale, all of the coins pop back up from the table at the same time. Mr. Gallo approves. SSM Note: Obviously, this routine uses a table. Due to the use of sound, you couldn’t fully adapt this routine to be done strictly in the hands, but why would you want to? Save this one for when your performance environment allows for the use of a table. But guess what, no reset. (Score!)

E. S. ImPossible II – What’s this? A mentalism routine on a coin DVD? You bet! This is some “out of the box” thinking by Craig here. It’s a very cool, version of the Koran Medallion. Briefly, you tell a story of the trip to Vegas where a beautiful girl wrote her name on the back a half dollar (possibly from a fifty-cent slot machine?). You explain that she had a very unusual name. The half dollar is placed on the table. The spectator also initials the coin by choosing a dot sticker to place on the face of the coin, and then writing their initials. The half dollar is then isolated under the shot glass. You have notepad and as spectators call out letters, you write them down. When you finish, you tear out the page of the notepad, lift the shot glass, and turn over the half dollar to reveal a sticker on the tails side, and a name to match the letters that were called out. The SC makes this very easy to do. It’s a fairly bold routine, but I’m not saying that’s a bad thing (Contrary to popular belief, bold is not bad. Nor does bold mean bad. Nor are they spelled the same. [i.e. B-A-D vs. B-O-L-D]. Note the A in the former and the O and the L in the latter. Thus, your spelling lesson is complete). If this is a routine that you’ve always wanted to do, here’s a very easy method for it. If this isn’t a routine that you have always wanted to do, have you no decency? SSM Note: As this is currently routined, it must use a table. Theoretically, you could have the coin placed on a spectator’s hand and then covered with a shot glass. However, you must turn the coin over to reveal the name yourself. If the coin was in the spectator’s hand, wouldn’t it make more sense logically for them to turn it over? For that reason, I think this routine must stay on the table. It’s still a classic and a winner in my book. If you enjoy strolling mentalism and have a performance environment that allows for use of the table, you’re all set. The only reset would be to remove the stickers from the coins and apply one new one. That should take ten seconds or less. Not bad.

Sponge – A coin and a sponge ball repeatedly change places, switching from the left hand to the right hand. Just when the spectators think they are catching on, both the coin and the sponge ball are places in the same hand. You explain that when you combine them in the same hand, both objects combine. Not into a sponge coin, but into a metal ball. A large steel ball bearing is dropped from your hand to the table (DOH!). I believe this has the potential to be a fun little routine, but I do not care for the presentation in this one. On the DVD, it’s basically a guessing/memory game of where each object is, and the spectator is repeatedly wrong because the coin and the ball keep changing places. Personally, I’m just not a fan of a routine where a spectator is always told to wrong. Why make them feel the sting of defeat when there are, in my opinion, ways that it could be done without the chance of your audience feeling dumb. Other than that small gripe, this is a great routine. SSM Note: This is another one that probably needs to use a table. However, the sound of the steel ball bearing hitting against the table helps the production. If you don’t allow the bearing to hit the table with force, the spectators may assume, at first that it can collapse like the sponge ball. Also, between each phase, Craig sets down the objects. Possibly with a little adjustment to the handling, it could be done solely in the hands. Possibly by handing the sponge ball to a spectator? This is something I intend to try out. Especially because there’s no reset. I still think it’s best to allow the ball bearing to drop.

Hanging Around – This is a version of Hanging Coins using the SC. Craig has also managed to add a card revelation to the routine. The card bit is not terribly motivated, but it shouldn’t be too tough to weave a script that brings in both elements (cards and coins). Briefly, four coins are examined. A card is selected, looked at, lost in the middle of the pack and then the deck is placed back in the box. The box is set to the side. The coins are retrieved, and you introduce the premise of sky hooks. You describe how they are used to hang invisible coins. You take one coin, remove one invisible sky hook, and as you hang the coin on the sky hook, they see that the coin is gone (or supposedly invisible). They might actually believe that the coin is invisible because this is a complete vanish. There’s nothing to conceal. This process is repeated with each coin. A coin is held, a sky hook retrieved, and an invisible coin is hung on the invisible sky hook. Each vanish is a complete vanish! Once all of the coins are inexplicably gone, a spectator chooses one of the invisible coins. They are instructed to grab the invisible coin and throw it at the boxed deck. They do so, and you open the deck, and cleanly cut the pack to show the coin has returned, and directly above it is the chosen card. If you wish the spectator can lift the top half of the deck. Now, to be perfectly honest with you, I LOVE this routine. SSM Note: Yes, yes, there are a few points that use a table. But I’m confident that the routine can be arranged to do without it. And if not, maybe I’ll sacrifice my morals and use the table when it’s available. Maybe just this once. Did I mention “instant reset”? Well…INSTANT RESET!

Three Coin Flurry – As the name suggests, this is a coin flurry, using, you guessed it, the SC. You start with nothing, and then one coin is produced at the fingertips. A second coin is produced and a third coin is produced. Then one coin vanishes. Then the second coin vanishes. Finally, all three coins vanish. And to top it off, it’s all done in a flurry! But we’re not done yet! One coin comes back. Two coins come back. Three coins come…wait. The third coin doesn’t come back. You try again. Nothing. You wave the two coins again over your closed fist, nothing. Then you set the coins on the table (Dang! A table. And we had made it so far.) You explain how magicians use sleeves sometimes, and this time the coin appears to be stuck. You shake your sleeves, and tons of coins come rolling out of both of them. Nice kicker! There’s a little more sleight of hand with this routine, but it is not too tough for those that have some experience with coin work. If you haven’t classic palmed a coin since the 8th grade picnic, you might spend slightly more time practicing the sleights. SSM Note: So as I mentioned, Craig does set the coins down, prior to the kicker. But because of my stubborn ways, I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t hold onto the two coins in your right hand, as coins come rolling out your left sleeve, and then pass them over to your left hand so that the coins may roll out of your right sleeve. As far as a reset, the coins out the sleeve bit is an anti-non-uninstant reset. Craig says he only does this for special tables, like the head table at a wedding.

Mexican Split – You start with nothing. You produce a coin from that nothing. The coin is examined. You produce a second coin. The coin is examined. A third coin is produced. It is also examined. I feel that this first part of the routine is very strong. The spectators feel like everything has been examined along the way. Unfortunately, this very clean opening, leaves me feeling like the next part of the routine is not quite as clean. This may be faulty-magician-logic (FML). Let me try to explain without getting into too much detail (if you’re actually still reading this far down into the review, you already know that that’s impossible for me). Once the coins have been produced, they travel one at a time from your left hand to the right hand. Both hands are closed. When the left hand is opened, it only has two coins! And when the right hand is opened…well you can’t quite yet open the right hand (if ya catch my drift). You offer to show the trick again, but I feel there is uncomfortable tension because you have yet to reveal the first coins arrival (don’t worry, you will. Eventually). You begin to describe how the second coin will go, and it’s only then that you show the first coins arrival, on an offbeat, almost as an afterthought (seemingly). The next coin goes over and this part looks as clean as can be. The last coin’s travel is bold, devious, and underhanded, and I absolutely love it. Then just as quickly as they arrived, they start to disappear, one at a time. It’s really just the first coin’s travel that I feel is a weak moment in the routine. But you know what? In the coming weeks, I’m going to give this routine a shot. You know why? Because (SSM Note:)( sing along, I know you know the words) NO TABLE USAGE and INSTANT RESET! Plus it’s a cool routine. Also, if you like this premise (coins appear, travel, disappear), check out Craig’s routine with a flipper coin on his Flipped Out DVD, called “Flipped Out”. It’s very visual and very clean. Squeaky (if you will).

Two Coin Trick – This is exactly the way a “Guess Which One, Hey You’re Wrong” routine should be done. On one hand where we had “Sponge” and I felt that was a little stinging to the audience, the opposite end of the spectrum is “Two Coin Trick”. This routine is very much like the classic Hopping Halves, but instead of using a copper and a silver coin, it is done with two identical coins (in this case, half dollars). For those who aren’t familiar with this classic. You have two coins and place one in your pocket. When you open your hand, you have two coins in your hand. (Hey, what the…?)You repeat the effect. Place one coin in your pocket and when you open your hand, you still have two coins. (But I thought…)You do the trick again. One coin into the pocket, yet when you open your hand, inexplicably, two coins remain in your hand. (*music*I believe in miracles. Where you from? You sexy thing…) Okay, so you do it one more time, and finally this time, you place one coin away, and you open your hand to reveal they’ve vanished. That may read a little dry, but to a lay audience and with the right script and routine, it is a very, very cool thing. And speaking of scripts and routines, Craig’s is good. You won’t use it exactly as he does it on the DVD (unless you happen to be working behind the counter at World Magic Shop), but for the most part, you can use his routine. Instead of playing a guessing game, where the audience has to guess how many coins are left (Have I mentioned how big of a fan I am of this tactic?), you tell a story about how when you saw the trick. As a matter of fact, during the first phase, just before Craig reveals that there are still two coins in his hand for the first time, an audience member tries to guess how many coins are in his hand by saying, “One”. Without missing a beat, Craig says “Yeah, the woman said ‘one’”, and he goes right back into the script. Best of all, he does it in a way that the spectator doesn’t feel as if he’s being brushed off. Instead, the spectator contributes, is wrong, but doesn’t feel stupid for being wrong. Essentially, the spectator feels like he answered correctly because of Craig’s response. Then the magic happens, Craig opens his hand, and everyone is surprised to find two coins. Excellent. SSM Note: Aw yeah, baby. We’re talking instant reset. We’re talking no table. Can life get any sweeter than this? I submit that it cannot.

Easter Egg and Bonus Effect:

Printing (Easter Egg) – The hidden effect on the DVD is called Printing. Basically, you show a piece of metal, a coin before it is minted, and it visually prints itself. You hand the coin out for examination. You then split the one coin into two coins. Then you take one coin in each hand, and they both travel to your right hand, leaving you with nothing in your left hand. Next the coins go back to one and finally the remaining coin vanishes. While this is out of the box thinking, it does expose the gaff. At this point I’m undecided on this routine. The last thing you want a spectator saying after you’ve done this trick is, “Well that piece of metal he had at the beginning must have been some kind of trick coin”. Yeah, you do allow the coin to be examined after it’s minted, but I’m still not entirely convinced that it’s a good idea to expose the gaff at the beginning. Maybe I’ll give it a shot and see how the reactions are because, after… (SSM Note:) Instant reset; no/minimal table usage. It’s no/minimal because Craig does a display/turn over at the beginning that uses the table, but it could easily be on the left hand instead of the table.

Jonny Wong’s Coin Thru Bill (Bonus Effect) - This is apparently the effect that started it all, what the SC was designed for. And after seeing all of the really good, out of the box ideas Craig has with the SC, I was a little disappointed. The effect is: a coin is examined and a bill is borrowed. The coin is slid onto the bill. It is show to be melting through the bill. The bill is displayed; front and back, and the coin can be seen sticking out on both sides, halfway through. Then the coin is slid off. It didn’t do it for me. To me, it’s really the only effect that points to the method. If an audience member thinks out loud, “Well the coin must be split or something”, it’s tough to get much closer to the method that than. No other routines on this DVD have this kind of "tell" to it. SSM Note: No table. No reset. Regardless, no thank you.

Sleights
Craig goes into extensive detail on all of the sleights used during his routines. He starts with different ways to separate the SC and continues all the way down to moves that are applicable to non-gaffed coins. I won’t go into much more detail on the “Sleights” section, except to say that it is a fantastic resource for some really great moves applicable to the SC, as well as coin magic in general.

Craig’s explanations are very clear and very thorough. Not only does Craig tell you what he does in the routines, but he also tells you why. Motivation is a huge thing for me. I like to see the thinking behind the moves. It’s refreshing to see when a magician has put a great deal of thought about why he is doing the things he is doing. Craig gets mad bonus points for demonstrating that.
The entire DVD lasts about two and a half hours long (coincidentally, the same amount of the time it takes to make it through this review. Of course, that’s not including the nap you had to take in the middle). Honestly, the review was long (I’m sorry), but with a 2+ hour extensive DVD such as this, a short five hundred word review just wouldn’t do it justice. (Which is why I went the extra mile and managed to cram in 50,000 words. Seriously. Count ‘em). There’s tons of quality material here, which is why I obviously give it…

Rewind (Gimmick and DVD, RED) by Mickael Chatelain
$68.99 with FREE Shipping in the USA ONLY..PayPal ONLY

Mickael spent almost an entire year working on REWIND. The result is unbelievable, yet easily doable by anyone.

A spectator selects a card from your deck; you fold the card in quarters and have the spectator sign its face. Once the card is signed, you tear it into two, then four pieces. The pieces are clearly separate from each other. You place two of the pieces between your lips and hold the other two at your fingertips. With no possible funny business, you restore the two pieces you were holding in your hands, leaving nothing to hide or add! Take the third piece at your fingertips, and as impossible as it seems, it becomes fused with the rest of the card as you simply hold it in place -- an impossible and very visual restoration. Now bring the card with the missing corner to your lips and the spectators will see the last piece melt into place in full view! Show your hands empty, which they really are, and don't forget to return the card to the spectator, who will confirm that the card is indeed the one he signed.

REMEMBER:

Very east to do.
Very visual, the restoration takes no manipulation
An English/French DVD explains everything -- the gimmick takes care of the rest.
REWIND is made to last.
A new method for this great classic.
DVD and gimmick included.

Here is the demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu4cbEroK9I

This is NEW

Pimpernel Notecase
$64.71 with FREE Shipping in the USA ONLY...PayPal ONLY

As of right now I have not located the instructions...maybe someone here can supply them... On Peter Scarlett's website its listed as out of stock, I'm not sure if they are everywhere.

The Effect
From the web site

A practical hip pocket style wallet’
A Peter Scarlett creation
One effect: A wallet is placed on the table. A spectator chooses a card from a normal deck, and SIGNS the face - the card is returned to the deck which is SHUFFLED. The performer says he is so confident that he can find the card under these impossible conditions, that he will put money on it! The wallet is opened and money removed - AT NO TIME DOES THE WALLET GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE DECK - the performer removes one card from the deck and places it in a transparent window in the wallet. “If YOUR card is NOT in the wallet, the MONEY is YOURS!” The card is removed from the transparent window but proves to be the wrong card - as the spectator grabs for the money the performer draws attention to a small ZIPPERED POCKET on the other side of the open wallet - the zip is opened and the SIGNED, SELECTED is removed
ABSOLUTELY NO PALMING NO DIFFICULT SLEIGHT OF HAND RESETS INSTANTLY
A Billfold style wallet that does everything the Himber wallet does and more!
Looks like an ordinary wallet no straps no gimmicks no slides no hassle!
Real leather Made in England built to last

You can email me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Mike King - 208 South Oak Street - Dixon, MO 65459
Ph: 573-693-2870
Please leave a message. If I miss your call, I will call you back.
Michael King
All Things Are Possible If You Believe!

Evan Shuster

Re: Magic For Sale

Postby Evan Shuster » October 18th, 2016, 7:49 pm

Listings have been combined, per marketplace rules.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41714

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”