Do you remove your dust jackets? I need one!

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Jason England

Do you remove your dust jackets? I need one!

Postby Jason England » January 21st, 2016, 5:23 am

Does anyone here happen to have a dust jacket for the L&L edition of The Dai Vernon Book of Magic?

I have a copy that is missing only the jacket and I'd like to replace it. I know some of you don't care if your book have DJs on them or not. Can anyone here help me out?

Happy to pay a reasonable sum for it (although an entirely new book and jacket are pretty cheap) plus shipping.

Jason

jason.england@gmail.com

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Re: Do you remove your dust jackets? I need one!

Postby Leonard Hevia » January 21st, 2016, 10:55 am

Jason--you might be surprised to discover that magic book lovers won't easily part with their dust jackets. If I were you, I'd borrow an L & L copy from a friend and take the dust jacket to a copy place like Kinkos/Fed Ex. Just have the folks at the front desk do the job for you on similar type of paper.

It should come out close enough that anybody flipping through your copy of TDVBoM won't even realize the jacket is a duplicate.

AFTERTHOUGHT: When you pick up the duplicate jacket from the copy store, put it on your friend's book and put his dust jacket on yours. Job done. For the piece de resistance, install a Brodart or Demco clear jacket protector on his book as a thank you for the favor. That clear jacket protector will hide any tiny flaws that may exist in the duplicate. Might as well get a Brodart for your copy as well.

Russ
Favorite Magician: Those that know the art well

Postby Russ » January 21st, 2016, 8:44 pm

Leonard Hevia wrote:Jason--you might be surprised to discover that magic book lovers won't easily part with their dust jackets. If I were you, I'd borrow an L & L copy from a friend and take the dust jacket to a copy place like Kinkos/Fed Ex. Just have the folks at the front desk do the job for you on similar type of paper.

It should come out close enough that anybody flipping through your copy of TDVBoM won't even realize the jacket is a duplicate.

AFTERTHOUGHT: When you pick up the duplicate jacket from the copy store, put it on your friend's book and put his dust jacket on yours. Job done. For the piece de resistance, install a Brodart or Demco clear jacket protector on his book as a thank you for the favor. That clear jacket protector will hide any tiny flaws that may exist in the duplicate. Might as well get a Brodart for your copy as well.

Leonard ,

That made me seriously laugh out loud. I can just picture this. Hope it is a good friend. How about bending some of his spoons to the point of break as well. Or, switching his deck with an omni and when he eventually notices, tell him it must be the humidity....
Russ Polizzi

Leonard Hevia

Postby Leonard Hevia » January 21st, 2016, 9:08 pm

Hey Russ-isn't that what friends are for?

Glad you enjoyed the dust jacket switch con. I just finished watching an episode of Nature called Natural Born Hustler. You would not believe how much animals in the natural world cheat and steal in order to get food, especially birds. Grey squirrels actually pretend to bury their nuts in a form of sleight of hand to fool other squirrels who observe them to steal their cache.

Russ
Favorite Magician: Those that know the art well

Postby Russ » January 21st, 2016, 9:32 pm

Sorry jason but I don't have one. Yes Leonard , I saw that nature program. Damn squirrel fooled me with that move!!
Russ Polizzi

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » January 22nd, 2016, 9:21 am

Note to self, don't lend anything to Leonard..

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » January 22nd, 2016, 10:50 am

Jason,

Pretty sure I still have mine—have to check when I get home—and you are welcome to it. If you are at the Castle next Wednesday I can give it to you there, or I can leave it with Billy. Let me know.

Leonard Hevia

Postby Leonard Hevia » January 22nd, 2016, 11:56 am

Tom Gilbert wrote:Note to self, don't lend anything to Leonard..

Tom, can I borrow your copy of Card Craft?

Russ--I caught the repeat telecast later that evening and saw how the squirrel managed to fool you. That rascal Imp Passed the nut from under the leaves into its left hand.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”