WTB: TRICKS by David Ben

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Arcato

WTB: TRICKS by David Ben

Postby Arcato » August 28th, 2015, 9:52 am

Hello there,
I'm looking for the book TRICKS by David Ben. If anyone has a copy for sale, please contact me at uwe_sperlich@web.de
I can also offer CARDSHARK by Darwin Ortiz in case someone is interested in a trade.
Thanks,
Uwe

Uwe Sperlich
Lilienthalstr. 14
85579 Neubiberg
Germany
phone: +49-179-294-7151

performer

Re: WTB: TRICKS by David Ben

Postby performer » August 28th, 2015, 10:21 am

I own the book but alas it is not for sale. David is a member here and may perhaps be able to help you obtain a copy.

It has quite a thorough description of the Trick that Cannot be Explained. Oddly enough, I do this trick in such a way that it CAN be explained and the same procedure happens every time. No variation whatsoever.

Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Postby Bill Marquardt » August 28th, 2015, 11:19 am

There is one available on Abebooks.com

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchR ... &tn=tricks

It will cost more than $150.00 US to purchase the book and have it shipped to Germany, however.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 28th, 2015, 1:22 pm

The book is long out of print. The publisher was Squash, not David. He has no extra copies.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

performer

Postby performer » August 28th, 2015, 1:35 pm

I sometimes see it on remaindeer shelves in Toronto bookshops. In fact I think that is where I got mine. I think I got it for around $5 or so. One moment please.

Uh-oh! I am afraid I made a mistake. I don't have the book after all. I just checked and it is an entirely different one I have entitled Advantage Play which is some sort of business book tied to card tricks which I find a very odd concept. It sells for $32.95 but I got it for $6.99.

I vaguely remember seeing the Tricks book a few years ago on the shelves of a Toronto magic shop. I suspect they are all gone by now but if I see any there I will report back. Sometimes books stick around on shelves for years so you never know.

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » August 28th, 2015, 6:15 pm

I bought my copy through the Surplus Magic Exchange group on Facebook. It's a "closed" group but if you request access you'll get in.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”