FSH - Book of Secrets, Becker/Roth, Conway

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Jeremy Greystoke

FSH - Book of Secrets, Becker/Roth, Conway

Postby Jeremy Greystoke » July 21st, 2015, 11:59 am

Updated with new prices and details:

Fibber McGee's Closet o' Magic has once again reached the overflow point, so I thought I'd post some interesting items here for your consideration.

First up is a pristine copy of John Carney's wonderful Book of Secrets. This is one of the best written, best reviewed books of the past twenty years. It's currently out of print, and I don't know when it might see print again. John's website mentions he's working on a new book for next year, but nothing about reprint plans. It's an excellent book and I'm asking $ 100.00 postpaid via USPS Priority Mail in the U.S.

Bang On – Marc Oberon – This is a very direct effect by Marc where any card is freely named by a spectator. Performer removes his wallet, removes an envelope from the wallet, and removes the very card just named. What I'm selling is a brand new, sealed outfit. I had purchased a second one as a backup. It's complete with the envelopes, cards, wallets, and a detailed instructional DVD. The price is $ 90.00 postpaid via USPS Priority Mail in the U.S.

Ghost Tray – Larry Becker & Roy Roth – This came up in the discussion of the Coin Board, and it's a lovely version of this designed for the mentalist. It's a 9 3/4” x 6” board in a checkerboard pattern that allows for the secret loading of a billet up to about the size of a dollar bill. Very nicely made by Roy Roth and comes with nine pages of detailed instructions. It's $ 95.00 postpaid via USPS Priority Mail in the U.S.

Conway Cigarette Case – Pat Conway – released through Ken Brooke's Magic Place. Hard to find ingenious switching device most often used in Roy Johnson's brilliant Card In Chewing Gum routine. Complete with the detailed Ken Brooke instructions and the modification by Fred Lowe which eliminated the rubber band that was used in the first ones marketed. This one is absolutely mint and looks like it was just received from Ken Brooke. It's loaded with cigarettes and a couple of playing cards but I'm not sure if it was ever actually used in performance. I'm asking $ 110.00 postpaid in the U.S.

I also have a number of the Bicycle Holiday Decks available. They're $ 10.00 per set (one red-backed, one green-backed) and they come in a nice collectible tin. The notable thing about these decks is that the back design is a very subtle one-way design. The center design is the same (angels on bicycles) but the outer scroll design has been replaced with a star/snowflake pattern...the same pattern that you'll find on the back of the Rhine ESP cards that were printed by the US Playing Card Company...and with the same subtle one-way pattern. Contact me for postage details. Here's a link to a photo of the cards:

http://thumbsnap.com/kd6stnvl

And the all-important contact details:

Edmund L. Kowalski
P. O. Box 451
Radford, Virginia 24143

email: edmund.kowalski [at] gmail.com

Phone: 540-838-1255

Thanks for reading this and I hope there's something on here that interests you. 

And, I've been tossing items up on Ebay as well...here's a link (using the Google URL shortener) to current auctions... including a copy of the out-of-print 52 Memories by Jack Parker and Andi Gladwin.

http://goo.gl/7vlZ3q

The eBay auction for 52 Memories goes off Sunday night, so I thought I'd bump this back up. Also in my eBay listings is an unusual item from the late 1970s...a personality assessment game called PsychOptics. It's four cubes, each with a symbol on it. The arrangement of the symbols by the participant allows one to do a personality profile reading with the help of a little manual. It's not magic, but anyone interested in cold reading and mentalism might want to take a look.

Also, I may be listing a copy of Sonata tomorrow night. It's the paperbound version, and there's a flaw in the printing that I'll detail in the listing.

Sonata has now been listed, along with a batch of other things.

Thanks for your interest!
Last edited by Jeremy Greystoke on July 29th, 2015, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeremy Greystoke

Re: FSH - Book of Secrets, Becker/Roth, Conway

Postby Jeremy Greystoke » July 25th, 2015, 12:17 pm

Doing a bump to move this back up to the top because of some new info added, plus a reminder that the 52 Memories auction ends Sunday night.

Jeremy

Jeremy Greystoke

Re: FSH - Book of Secrets, Becker/Roth, Conway

Postby Jeremy Greystoke » July 29th, 2015, 6:03 pm

Updated with some lower prices (see original post) and a note that I've now listed Sonata on ebay. I'm thinking of moving several items on the list over to eBay Thursday night, so if you're on the fence, best to contact me now if you're interested.

Many thanks for looking!

Jeremy

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”