question about mak bamboo milk chest

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Brad Henderson

question about mak bamboo milk chest

Postby Brad Henderson » May 18th, 2015, 7:39 pm

So I finally got one of these but it came with no instructions.

I'm a tad puzzled.

the box has a front panel which can be removed. The gimmick, attached to the back of the box, holds the glass and maneuvers it into place. the gimmick is orange metal. if one were to open the front and show the interior, either with or without the glass in place - one would see the obvious 'holder'

of course one could not open the front, but then why build it to be opened???

now, if the gimmick were made out of similar material as the glass or painted white to simulate milk I could understand how that might work.

so, any of you guys have one of these as a kid? Anyone still have the instructions or any insight as to how it is meant to be handled?

Fredrick
Favorite Magician: Eugene Burger

Re: question about mak bamboo milk chest

Postby Fredrick » May 18th, 2015, 9:27 pm

Here's a link to Abbott's page for the trick. . There's a video demo. But fair warning it's 3:00 minutes you will never recover

http://www.abbottmagic.com/Bamboo-Chest ... -P2237.htm
"Try to find the humanity in the magic..." ~ Michael Moschen
The Jinx Companion

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » May 18th, 2015, 10:19 pm

thanks for the link AND the warning.

seems to me the better design would be a clear plastic holder that matches the glass so one could place the glass inside, open the front, and it seems as if it is just sitting there.

thanks again.

JFox

Postby JFox » May 23rd, 2015, 4:32 pm

Hi--

I have 3 versions of these instructions...All of them basically say, in regards to the visible "holder":

"Explain that the purpose of the tube is to keep the glass from moving around inside the cabinet".

However, I agree with you. It seems that the visible "cup holder" could have have been designed in such a way that it's 'hidden in plain sight'.

Also- unlike in the above video..don't flash the BOTTOM of the Okito-style tube cup as you pour the liquid out. :P

--Joe Fox

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”