Value of Scotty York Knife set

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Scott

Value of Scotty York Knife set

Postby Scott » April 22nd, 2015, 1:21 pm

I have an orig Scotty York Knife set... 7 knives, Black, White, Red, 3 "transition" knives, and the Red/White split knife. I also have an orig FYEO manuscript of Scotty's and Kaps routines.

Im wondering if anyone knows the market value of this set.

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Re: Value of Scotty York Knife set

Postby Leonard Hevia » April 22nd, 2015, 8:06 pm

I believe that the four knife set originally sold for about $80.00 with the manuscript. With the three extra knives, you might want to ask for $120.00-$150.00.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » April 22nd, 2015, 8:12 pm

Scott: Is the red/white split knife one of those "visible" change knives where you can show one side of the knife half red and half white? I didn't realize the FYEO made those. (I own two sets of the York knives and they only differed by one knife (either the black/yellow or the black/red)

Scott

Postby Scott » April 23rd, 2015, 7:28 pm

Yes, the split knife is a Red/White "visible" change knife. I dont think the knives were made by FYEO, but I originally purchased the knives and the manuscript as a set (over 20 years ago). The manuscript has routines that use all 7 knives. The knives are in great shape as I never actually used this set.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » April 23rd, 2015, 7:41 pm

Hi, Scott: If the knives were not made by FYEO, I would think their value would be much less than the an actual FYEO set. If you want, perhaps you could post pictures here and we could tell you if they are FYEO knives.

Scott

Postby Scott » April 30th, 2015, 12:56 pm

I dont seem to be able to attach any photos. I get a message... "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 30th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Not sure what that's about. We increased the capacity of the Forum's photo quota. Don't know why some folks get that message and others don't.

I suggest that any interested parties send you an email, and you email them the photos back.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”