For Sale- Books from the Bob White collection

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
JordanB

For Sale- Books from the Bob White collection

Postby JordanB » March 7th, 2015, 9:46 pm

I helped my dear friend Bob White move some things this afternoon. He is consolidating some space and gave me several books from his collection and asked me to list them on his behalf. Please email, call, or text if you have questions or would like pictures. These prices are inclusive of shipping. I tried to do some research to establish a fair price, but feel free to contact me with a counteroffer if you are interested.
If these don’t sell I will eventually list them on eBay.

Kaplan, George G.- The Fine Art of Magic, Fleming Book Company 1948 First Edition- Good condition, some scuff marks on front dust jacket, two slight tears (1/4”) on front and back at top of dust jacket. Marked to previous owner inside front cover. One of the nicest copies I have seen - $175

Galloway, Andrew- The Ramsay Classics- published by author 1977- good condition- some wear on dustjacket, no tears- $105

Levent and Todd Karr- Roy Benson By Startlight- Miracle Factory 2006- minor wear on dustjacket otherwise excellent condition. - $200

Gardener, Martin- Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic, Magic Inc 1978- signed to Bob White by Martin Gardner in November 2004- some shelf wear and minor wear on spine- $160
Walton, Roy The Complete Walton- Volumes 1 & 2- Davenport Magic 2nd edition 1997 & 1999-very minor shelf wear- $80

Farelli, Victor John Ramsay’s Routine With Cups and Balls, George Armstrong 1948 1st edition, hardback with red board covers, very minor wear on cover, excellent condition- $95

Jay, Ricky- Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women Villard Books 1986 1st edition dustjacket has about a two inch rip on the front bottom edge, has some minor shelf wear, otherwise nice tight copy- $50

Vernon, Dai- Revelations- Mike Caveney 1984, 1st edition- limited edition #50 of 300. Signed with tipped in photograph of Dai Vernon. There is a small doggear corner on the back inside dust jacket flap, otherwise this is like new. These are pretty hard to come by -$500

Sachs, Edwin- Sleight of Hand- Fleming Book Company 1946 4th edition, no dustjacket, pretty moderate wear on the cover and spine, tight binding - $30

Ganson, Lewis- The Magic of Slydini- Harry Stanley, no date- signed to Bob White by Slydini on Nov 20, 1967- dustjacket is falling apart, literally in pieces- the book itself has some minor shelf wear but otherwise excellent condition- $150

Slydini- Slydini’s Encores- Slydini Studio of Magic 1966- signed to Bob White from Slydini- dustjacket has moderate wear, small (1.5”) tear along spine, very little wear on the book, nice copy, includes packing slip from Slydini Studio of Magic to Bob White- $150

Ganson, Lewis- Dai Vernon’s Inner Card Trilogy- L&L Publsihing 1996, as new- $50

Ganson, Lewis- Dai Vernon’s Inner Card Trilogy – Inner Secrets of Card Magic, More Inner Secrets of Card Magic, Further Inner Secrets of Card Magic- These are the original softbacks- have some wear, nothing major, no rips or tears- all 3 are signed by Dai Vernon- $300

Hall, Trevor- The Card Magic of Edward G. Brown, The Magic Circle 1973- cloth in dj, moderate wear on dustjacket, small tear (1/2”) on bottom of dj near inner crease, otherwise excellent condition. Nice tight copy. This isn’t seen very often, very rare - $300

Again, please contact me if you are interested. These prices only include shipping in the US. If you are international then there will be an extra charge. PayPal only please.

Jordan Burgess
7905 Mourning Dove Dr
Arlington, TX 76002
Jburg469@hotmail.com
972-533-6771

JordanB

Re: For Sale- Books from the Bob White collection

Postby JordanB » March 9th, 2015, 2:24 pm

The Ramsay Classics and Roy Benson by Starlight are no longer available.

I have consolidated the list for ease of browsing.

If you would like these, please feel free to contact me.

If you feel the price is too steep please feel free to make a counteroffer.

I am going to leave these up for about another week before I start listing them on eBay.

George Kaplan - The Fine Art of Magic $175

Martin Gardner (signed to Bob White) -Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic $160

Roy Walton- The Complete Walton Vol 1 & 2 (early Davenport edition) $80

Victor Farrelli - John Ramsay’s Routine with Cups and Balls -$95

Ricky Jay- Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women -$50

Dai Vernon- Revelations (Limited edition #50/300, signed by Vernon) - $500

Edwin Sachs- Sleight of Hand (Fleming HB)- $30

Lewis Ganson – The Magic of Slydini (signed to Bob White) - $150

Slydini - Slydini’s Encores (signed to Bob White) $150

Lewis Ganson- Dai Vernon’s Inner Card Trilogy (L&L reprint) -$50

Lewis Ganson- Dai Vernon Inner Card Trilogy (separate softcovers, all 3 are signed)- $300

Trevor Hall- The Card Magic of Edward G. Brown- $300

Jordan Burgess
7905 Mourning Dove Dr
Arlington, TX 76002
Jburg469@hotmail.com
972-533-6771

JordanB

Postby JordanB » March 13th, 2015, 1:52 pm

Everything has been sold. Thanks

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » March 13th, 2015, 11:52 pm

JordanB wrote:Everything has been sold. Thanks

?????

Most of these were just listed for sale on the Second Deal forum, with a time stamp of 59 minutes ago.

What gives?

JordanB

Postby JordanB » March 14th, 2015, 12:05 am

Bill

Van McGee is a longtime friend of mine. I saw him Monday evening and he asked if I minded if he copied and pasted this ad on the second deal. I told him that would be great.

I received a phone call this morning from a single buyer (a friend of mine and Bob White) that wanted to purchase all the books. I agreed and told him I would post on Genii and Magjc Cafe that the items were no longer available.

I forgot to tell Van. I will give him a text in the morning. I would post over there, but am not a member.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » March 14th, 2015, 12:14 am

Thanks for the reply and explanation.

I just posted a follow-up to Van's post at the Second Deal, repeating what you said above and linking back here to your post.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”