WTB: 'Cigar Cutter' Finger Chopper

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
William Phung

WTB: 'Cigar Cutter' Finger Chopper

Postby William Phung » October 27th, 2013, 2:49 am

Looking for the 'Cigar Cutter' version of the Hades Finger chopper or similar alternative (a finger cutter that would pass for a cigar cutter).

Cheers,
William Phung
Sydney, NSW, Australia 2211

erdnasephile

Re: WTB: 'Cigar Cutter' Finger Chopper

Postby erdnasephile » October 27th, 2013, 6:30 am

Giovanni Livera put out "Mafia Manicure" years ago which is exactly what you need. However, I have not been able to find one despite years of searching.

I do own 2 of the original Hades' choppers, but I think the primary weakness in all of these props is the movement necessary to "set" the gaff. I've seen lots of people do it, and it always looks very suspicious to me. I don't know if Livera's routine solves this issue.

Good luck in your hunt!

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » October 27th, 2013, 10:42 am

Here's the set I'm talking about:

http://www.qualitymagicreviews.com/inde ... ni-livera/

Actually, if you own one of the Hades choppers, it wouldn't be all that hard to make a base and case with as many/few holes of any size you wish to fit the blade from the original chopper.

William Phung

Postby William Phung » October 28th, 2013, 7:03 am

Thanks for the help mate. It's a fine looking prop. The search continues.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » October 28th, 2013, 12:00 pm

If you already own the Hades Chopper and decide to get it modified to a custom hole configuration, I'd recommend: http://jramagicworkshop.com/

He's a superb craftsman, with reasonable prices and customer service second to none. I'll bet he could build a new stocks and refinish the Hades model blade as well to make it look any way you would like.

A couple of thoughts:

I think that the second hole in the chopper makes no sense unless there is something in there to chop as you chop the spectator's finger.

I just worked out a one-handed gaff setting move with the Hades chopper. Might have to try this on real people.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”