Cups and balls collection

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Greg Edmonds

Cups and balls collection

Postby Greg Edmonds » August 23rd, 2013, 5:35 pm

It's time to clear off the shelves once again, and I owe my wife a nice 30th anniversary present, so over the next few days I'll be offering a series of items that I prefer to sell as sets, but will break up if necessary. Tonight or tomorrow, I'll add some valuable Houdini ephemera, including a signed letter.

THIS OFFER, however, is for a cups and balls collection. I've placed as many as I can on the mat for photographing, but will add one or two more to the package if my minimum is met.

To be honest, I've had some of these so long I don't recall from whom or where I got them, nor, I regret, do I recall all of the manufacturers (such is the life of an aging, heavily medicated former collector).

I do know that the collection includes an original set of Charlie Miller Cups; an original (medium-sized) set of P&L chromium cups; some Paul Fox-type cups (I DO NOT think these are original), a very large set of pewter "renaissance-style cups" (ideal for Ren-Fest performers - these can comfortably hold small livestock as final loads (though I've never employed them for same); some very nice hand-engraved Asian and Indian-style cups that are, for now (because of events in the middle east) very difficult to obtain, and a few assorted cups whose manufacture, again, I can't recall. If you're able to recognize them, please let me know. I think one of them is an older Rings & Things cup set, but am not sure. Remember, I'll include a couple of extra sets I have lying about if I get my reserve price for the entire collection.

The current "retail value" on three of these sets alone (as antiques) is well-over $200, each.

My asking price for the collection is $685.00, US, plus actual shipping, which will be determined based upon your destination.

If you'd like to make a REASONABLE offer, feel free to do so. By "reasonable." I mean within a small percentage of the asking price. Again, I don't want to break the set up, but will if the collection doesn't sell as a whole. Thanks for your attention, and I hope you get the cups!

To receive photographs of the sets offered, please contact me at the e-mail address below; serious inquirers only, please.

Cordially,

Greg Edmonds
e-mail: Contact@MagicArtShop.com
Phone: 803 429 3344
7500 St. Andrews Road; #303
Columbia, SC 29212

Greg Edmonds

Re: Cups and balls collection

Postby Greg Edmonds » August 23rd, 2013, 6:02 pm

I forgot to mention; PayPal only please.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Edmonds

Postby Greg Edmonds » August 24th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Sorry, but I somehow caused a "hiccup" on the computer this morning, and ate one or two e-mail addresses.

If you requested the cups photos and didn't receive them (there should be two pictures), please let me know.

By the way, I'm including a couple of Magic Wands with the sets, one of which is the now very hard to find and expensive TAYADE wand. Sorry, while I do have a Tayade cup set somewhere, I can't find the box they were stored in, so they might even be at another facility.

Thanks again,

Greg Edmonds

Greg Edmonds

Postby Greg Edmonds » August 24th, 2013, 2:48 pm

I'm awaiting a couple of offers, but decided to knock down the price for the set (I honestly do just want to get rid of these primarily because they're taking up space, and I need funds for my wife's Anniversary gift - 30 Years, whooda thought?).

Any, the whole lot (13 to 15 sets of cups, plus a brass and wood screw-apart wand AND a valuable TAYADE wand) is now offered at $559.00, plus shipping. I'll require the price now via PayPal, and the actual postage once it's determined, based upon the package's destination).

Note, please, that the P&L cups, The Charlie Miller Cups, the ones similar to Miller (darned if I can remember the manufacturer, but these were collected out of the market... ie: are no longer available), and the large indian cups alone are valued at over $700.00, the asian wood combo cup set last went for nearly $300, on eBay.

Now's your chance. If no interest, I'll break the set up.

Thanks,

Greg Edmonds
e-mail: Contact@MagicArtShop.com

Greg Edmonds

Postby Greg Edmonds » August 24th, 2013, 9:38 pm

The Miller Cups and Tayade Wand are spoken for.

Thanks.

Greg Edmonds

Postby Greg Edmonds » August 25th, 2013, 12:12 am

ALL cups are now spoken for.

Thanks again.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”