USED MAGIC BOOKS FOR SALE

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Chris Aguilar

Re: USED MAGIC BOOKS FOR SALE

Postby Chris Aguilar » April 13th, 2013, 12:35 pm

Please don't take down his original post.

It is evidence in all our claims with paypal.

There's enough contrary evidence in the thread (on the first page even) to keep any reasonable person (such as M.Lee, who did not purchase from this guy but who is now insisting that we remove the evidence) from buying from this guy.

Ablanathanalba

Postby Ablanathanalba » April 13th, 2013, 1:24 pm

I'm not sure why these cases are flaring up at this particular time, but between this and the Ohiomagic nonsense at the Café they seem pretty serious. I think the best we can do is go into a "Neighborhood Watch" kind of effect and report things to each other and between boards as they seem to happen, being careful not to prematurely put the noose on anyone. Thank God PayPal has a great insurance policy on stuff like this.

The guy involved here seems to have almost identical used book prices as I saw somewhere else. If I can find it I'll let you know.

Any magicians moonlight as private detectives? Or is it the other way around?

Oddly Bent

Postby Oddly Bent » April 13th, 2013, 1:39 pm

If this thread is going to be deleted I would suggest making a copy of the thread and saving it as a PDF for later use, if necessary. Do it now.

Meridian

Postby Meridian » April 14th, 2013, 9:30 am

Please do not delete this thread! We need to preserve this as evidence. Plus it is a reminder for everyone to be careful when making purchases on here.

JHostler

Postby JHostler » April 14th, 2013, 11:10 am

Such a long, rich history of "non-delivery" in magic. From the Braue Notebooks to Rudy Coby's stuff to a number of now-defunct periodicals with unfulfilled subscriptions... it's darn-near become the norm. :|
"The gnomes' ambition is handicapped by laziness." Adapted from Charles Bukowski, and clearly evident at http://www.gnominal.com

M.Lee

Postby M.Lee » April 14th, 2013, 6:33 pm

Whoa there Chris !

I Was simply implying that i didn't want anyone else to have to go through this BS !

Yes, It's agreed ...this is ALL EVIDENCE. I'm not insisting that you remove the evidence.
I'm just suggesting that you take down his list of books so that no one else falls prey to this
But in hindsight it's understandable that this list is also evidence.

Michael Lee

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » April 21st, 2013, 1:46 am

Does ChadKidd have any more books left for sale?

Sam Kesler
Favorite Magician: Ed Marlo

Postby Sam Kesler » April 21st, 2013, 9:52 pm

Never trust a guy who types in all CAPS.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » April 23rd, 2013, 2:32 pm

Today, my Paypal claim against "Chad Kidd" has been settled in my favor and I received a refund (from paypal) of the $58.95 I sent to this rip off artist.

Hopefully, those of you out there who also filed claims have received them or will soon receive them. In my case, it took about two weeks.

Garry Hayes

Postby Garry Hayes » July 31st, 2013, 8:40 am

Chadd Kidd? That doesn't even sound like a bonafide name. Fiction. Spell his last name backwards. That is what he is. Did he think everyone would just forget that he had not sent his books. This guy is running from something, either a criminal or divorced. It would not be a bad idea to notify your local Postmaster General about the culprit, even if he is using an alias name.

Did anybody call the Motel to see if anyone was there with that name? Or if anybody had skipped town without paying their bill? You might get a little more info.
Garry Hayes
mrmagician@bellsouth.net

Garry Hayes

Postby Garry Hayes » July 31st, 2013, 10:34 am

Here is his email address that he first used.
usaf_kidd210@yahoo.com

Usually, someone that uses usaf in their email indicates they are or were in the United States Air Force.
It might be this guy on Facebook, or he might be causing this guy some headaches.
https://www.facebook.com/chad.kidd.9

Somehow, I do not think this dead beat would live at the below address. This is an upscale, gated, classy place.
Chad Kidd
6201 Grissom Rd.
San Antonio Texas 78238
http://thebarcelonalofts.com/#/Welcome

Here is another possible clue:
Chad A. Kidd
Aliases:
Chadd Kidd 39 Smyrna, GA
Decatur, GA
Atlanta, GA
Marietta, GA
Relatives: Crystal Kidd, Waid Kidd