Antique set of Likning Rings

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Tom Gagnon

Antique set of Likning Rings

Postby Tom Gagnon » December 29th, 2012, 7:36 pm

I am trying to ascertain the origin of an antique set of linking rings. The set consists of 18, six inch rings, three different keys (one locking), and one oversize ring. One set of rings is completely un-gaffed-- as though meant to be switched in. Additionally, several rings have been stamped Bavaria. The set came in a small, decorative box, which contains a small clip to hold a ring, as well as a small cloth covered board. The board may have been placed on the back of a chair to facilitate switching the rings. Could these particular rings have been manufactured my Merv Taylor?

erdnasephile

Re: Antique set of Likning Rings

Postby erdnasephile » December 29th, 2012, 7:56 pm

Hi, Mr. Gagnon:

I'm not a ring expert, but I do own a set of Merv Taylor Rings. Although it did come with two kinds of keys (standard and the pin-lock model that Harry Riser talks about in his book), none of the rings are stamped with "Bavaria". The box they came in has a black lid and a red bottom. There is a foil sticker on the lid with "Merv Taylor Magic Hollywood" on it.

Hope this helps a little.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”