Thornton Watch Ladder for sale!

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Ken Trombly

Thornton Watch Ladder for sale!

Postby Ken Trombly » October 17th, 2012, 1:14 pm

At the upcoming October 27, Potter & Potter sale, one of only two known Thornton Watch Ladders is included in the auction (lot 245). The other is in a private collection and like a lot of Abbotts items is a little different from th eone in the upcoming sale! The hardware on the back of the piece for sale, that is not shown in the catalog, are simply some struts to secure the modules that insert into each other to provide stability. The mechanism to hold and release the watches is original and is thread operated. There are 7 additional watches that tumble down the ladder. The star-like stand at the top of the ladder is mechanical but operates completely differently to vanish the watches compared to Nick Ruggerios modern manufactured item. The Watch Ladder also comes with the original box that the star-like stand was shipped in and has the original labels, the old stamps and the Colon, Michigan stamp on it. I believe it was shown in Abbotts catalog #6. This is not mine- I am just posting this for another. Happy bidding!

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”