Thinning My Collection

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Jim Riser

Thinning My Collection

Postby Jim Riser » September 17th, 2012, 9:41 pm

I have begun to thin my magic collection. A used magic web page has been created. It will be updated as I dig out more items. To begin ... two card swords and an old Card Go.

The link:

http://jamesriser.com/Magic/UsedMagicSmall/Items.html

Jim Riser
5635 East Fairmount St.
Tucson, AZ 85712

jriser@jamesriser.com

Jim Riser

Re: Thinning My Collection

Postby Jim Riser » September 18th, 2012, 3:46 am

Just added ...
Loyd's Multiplying Candle Set
Abbotts' Shooting A Ribbon Thru A Girl

More to come as I dig it out of the back of the shop.
Jim

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » September 20th, 2012, 12:19 pm

Just added ...
Tom Frank Millennium Copper Cups (seconds)
I forgot that I had these tucked away. I have several sets of these heavy cups. They are all great for street work. These were "seconds" with not too neatly trimmed metal before mouth bead was rolled. That will only affect close-up work ... $105 per set (USA only)

M.Lee

Postby M.Lee » September 20th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Hi Jim

Is that name correct T F millennium cups ? as I believe
I am the original creator of the Michael Lee Millennium Cups (MLMC) and I don't recall if there were ever other cups called Millennium cups ?

Michael Lee

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » September 20th, 2012, 5:43 pm

Michael;
You are correct. Millennium Cups are yours. The cups I am offering are the Tom Frank Phoenix Cups (seconds). Sorry for the confusion.
Jim

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » September 21st, 2012, 2:55 pm

To save time, I'll respond here to the numerous inquiries about the shooting a ribbon thru a girl.

The setup is complete. It includes a modified bolt action 22 caliber rifle which fires blanks. The original barrel has been replaced by a larger diameter barrel and ram rod for stuffing the ribbon into the barrel.

The sash has a spring loaded lid on the front ribbon box and pocket on the rear.

The target is mounted on a folding metal base and does its job perfectly.

My presentation was for gun clubs where I dressed as a red neck hunter type in red plaid jacket and cap with ear mutts. I went through a mock safety talk accidentally shooting a coffee mug off of the table before going into the marksmanship demo. I was to give a demo showing how to shoot the pip from the center of an ace held by my assistant. The ribbon would allow the audience to see the path of the speeding bullet. The ribbon was stuffed into the barrel with the ram rod, blank loaded, aimed, and fired. Big loud bang, girl screamed as she pulled ribbon back and forth through her body. Black out, curtains closed.

Everything works perfectly. This is similar in concept to the P&L version without the very dangerous dart mechanism.

Hopefully this will answer all of the questions about the apparatus. I do not know how many of these Abbott's made but this is the only one I ever ran across.
Jim

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » September 21st, 2012, 10:38 pm

Updated with Bosco Cups, Merv Taylor Fire Bowl/Dove Pan, and P&L Aquarium.

More to come.
Jim

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”