Merv Taylor and Kinson items...

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
pixsmith

Merv Taylor and Kinson items...

Postby pixsmith » September 16th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Thought this might be the best venue for folks with an appreciation for the craftsmanship and the coolness of these two items...

First up, a beautiful set of some props for Merv Taylor's liquid mystery, Por Mor Fil Mor. I have a couple for some reason, so here is one...

The measure, with hallmark, and in beautiful shape, and the large and oh so important gimmick along with an ungimmicked malt glass. You will need to go to an optician to have it gimmicked, but the trip and the work is worth it. The shot glasses and the original large glass were broken in shipping when I originally purchased this, but the good stuff is still there.

I am asking $85 shipped CONUS, and let me know if you want more photos. I'll send you a template and a photo with ruler for the work that has to be done to the malt glass, or maybe you have that, and need this to make your set complete.

Next, an unusual item, The Vampire Record -- as presented by Kinson is on the label of the record.

This is an interesting piece, and the effect is this -- a record is taken from an open wooden stand and placed into a cardboard sleeve. The sleeve is wrapped in a silk (I am going from memory here, but I do have the original instructions) and in a twinkling, the record vanishes completely and reappears on the stand.

It plays much better than it reads, and it's a pretty piece. The folder was originally made with chipboard and cloth tape, and the tape's given way only at the hinge seam. All in all, kind of fun. I restored the label (thanks to a profusion of appropriate solvents) but you wouldn't know if I didn't tell you. I have no idea what it's worth. I'll start at $65 CONUS, and if it's too much, I am sure someone will tell me, and if it's too little, I guess it will go quickly!

Links to photos
Por Mor Fil Mor and the Vampire Record Photos

Pix Smith
3905 Main St
Dallas, TX 75226
214-515-0004 ext 3
pixsmith(at)puppetry.org

JP Jackson

Re: Merv Taylor and Kinson items...

Postby JP Jackson » September 16th, 2012, 7:03 pm

I've just sent you an email question. J P

pixsmith

Postby pixsmith » September 16th, 2012, 7:50 pm

So you have! Excellent question too -- I responded via email, but it's the exact same glass as the original -- I am pretty sure it's Anchor Hocking, but I can double check it tomorrow.\

It is the glass used in the mixer when you order a malt, and I dug around until I found a duplicate to the broken one. It would need etching on the rim and the other work to make it exactly like the one originally provided.

Thanks for that question. Nice catch, and I should have thought to mention it.
Last edited by pixsmith on September 16th, 2012, 8:13 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: spelling error

pixsmith

Postby pixsmith » September 17th, 2012, 1:44 pm

A follow-up to the last question -- the glass is marked Kar-Lac Mix Serv on the bottom. I know it's the same glass used in the original effect.

And it is either Hazel Atlas or Anchor Hocking -- I have seen both credited .... guess Anchor Hocking did a successful job of brand awareness with me!

In case it's not clear, the large plex gimmick is in this lot as well. I had a question about that also.

Cheers,

Pix
Last edited by pixsmith on September 17th, 2012, 1:48 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: removing terrible grammar...

pixsmith

Postby pixsmith » September 17th, 2012, 6:12 pm

And $75 by 6:30 will get it in the evening mail!

pixsmith

Postby pixsmith » September 23rd, 2012, 1:15 am

And the Vampire Record is sold, many thanks! Still that Por Mor Fil Mor stuff avaialable though...

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”