Looking For a Gag

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Bill Reader

Looking For a Gag

Postby Bill Reader » June 11th, 2012, 11:29 am

Hello, I am looking for a gag called the mongoose is loose for sale in good condition,Any leads? Please and Thanks

mrgoat

Re: Looking For a Gag

Postby mrgoat » June 11th, 2012, 11:38 am

Syd

Postby Syd » June 11th, 2012, 11:45 am

Actually, just because it is on their website is no indication they have it in stock. That has been one of my gripes for years. Things may have changed now but I don't know. I wouldn't buy anything without calling them first to make sure it is in stock.
Syd

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Postby Ted M » June 11th, 2012, 12:04 pm

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 11th, 2012, 12:23 pm

That article is from April, so (relatively) old news. I guess the other shoe drops next month when he's sentenced.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 11th, 2012, 12:47 pm

I was looking for the same gag two halloweens ago. The units one finds for sale are not nearly of the same size or quality as the one's sold about 20 years ago through venture 111.

I was lucky. I was able to track down the original source and he made one for me. It's an awesome gag. I have contacted my intermediary again about making more, however due to personal issues he is not able to at this time - however I hope when times improve for him they can become available. I will reach out to my guy and see if things may have changed. I know 2 others who want one

There was a guy online selling plans to make one's own. His is somewhat different in design from the one I have though.

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » June 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Man, what a bunch of memories when we had one at the skydiving center. For literally weeks, Sonny would pull out notes to get hamburg or corn for the mongoose. He'd have his wife call to pass a message to him concerning food for the mongoose. Since it was pre-internet, we took off to the library. One day he shows up with the cage and to see 20-30 people running, screaming, and shoving was quite a sight.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 11th, 2012, 5:48 pm

There are several mongoose cage videos on eBay. The one I have has the nice touch of being able to just detect the furry creature in his hiding spot. He moves ever so slightly. People lean in to get a better look as you 'try to get him to stick his head out' that's when you open the top and .... Pow

Donhdunn

Postby Donhdunn » June 11th, 2012, 6:15 pm

Hi, Brad et al., Youtube has several videos of the mongoose boxes made by various kids...search "mongoose cage joke" and I'll bet anyone handy with a box and a spring rat-trap could build one. Not sure it's funnier than petting Rocky Raccoon and then tossing it toward the spectator a la Williamson.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”