FS: Books (Collectable and otherwise)

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Jeff Hinchliffe

FS: Books (Collectable and otherwise)

Postby Jeff Hinchliffe » October 27th, 2011, 9:10 pm

I'm selling some valuable (and not so valuable) books. Some I'm fine getting rid of, some I don't want to, but need to. Shipping is included unless otherwise stated (some of the books will be very heavy and so I'll have to calculate shipping prices. I live in Canada.)

Here's the list:

Dai Vernon Book of Magic - 1st edition (1957, Harry Stanley) autographed. No dust jacket (I don't believe they came with one) - $200

The Card Magic of LePaul - 1st edition (1949) autographed, #226 of 500. There is a bookplate on the inside page (ex libris Otto Brownridge) and the previous owner signed the book above the bookplate (possibly before the bookplate was put in) - $200

J.N. Hofzinser's Card Conjuring - 1st edition (1931) by S.H. Sharpe. There is a bookplate (ex libris Sid Lorraine) - $350

The Jinx - Tannen's edition (1963) complete file (vols. 1-50, 51-100, 101-151), stamped 'Property of Hat and Rabbit Club (IBM ring 17)- $200

The Books of Wonder - both vols. (1996) in brand-new condition - $200 (for both)

Alexaner: The Man who Knows - 2nd edition (red dust jacket) This has a personal inscription to me from David Charvet - $90

The Secret Ways of Al Baker - Miracle Factory, 2003 - $100 (shipping may be extra, I'll have to calculate cost)

Harry Anderson: Wise Guy - 5th printing (2003) - $25

Chris Kenner's Totally out of Control - 1st edition (1992) - $30

Ed Marlo's Revolutionary Card Technique - Magic Inc. (2003) - $150

Dear Mr. Fantasy - John Bannon (2004) - $40

Williamson's Wonders (1989) - $40

Discoverie of Witchcraft - Kaufman edition (1995) - $70

Concertos for Pasteboards - Oliver Erens (2000) - $35

The Commercial Magic of J.C. Wagner - 1st edition (1987, softcover). The spine has a crease in it and the front cover has a scuff mark on the upper right corner - $60

Dr. Daley's personal copy of Stanyon's Magic - This was purchased at one of the Jay Marshall auctions held during the MCA convention. It's a complete file of Magic, bound into four blue hardcover volumes, each with 'Dr. Jacob Daley' stamped in the lower right corner in gilt lettering. This is one I can't let go for too cheap, I paid $400US plus 25% buyer premium - $500 (plus shipping, the 4 vols. will be heavy)

Please e-mail any questions or to check availability of the above items to cognitiveconjuring@rogers.com

Please note that all prices are in Canadian Dollars. Payments can be made via paypal to the above e-mail address.

Thanks,

Jeff Hinchliffe
23 Lynvalley Crescent
Scarborough, ON
M1R 2V1
1-647-688-5043

J Bright

Re: FS: Books (Collectable and otherwise)

Postby J Bright » October 27th, 2011, 9:28 pm

Hi Jeff,

Very nice list of books. FYI, the Vernon book did come with a dj, which is often missing or in poor shape. Good Luck.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”