"Deadlock" Ring Transpo Now Available!

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
David Acer

"Deadlock" Ring Transpo Now Available!

Postby David Acer » July 8th, 2011, 5:54 pm

Hi Folks,

In the August issue of Genii, there's an ad for a trick that Patrick Reymond and I put out some years ago called DEADLOCK. A spectator's ring is locked to a padlock, you remove your ring, then suddenly, you're holding the spectator's ring and your ring is locked to the padlock.

It was unavailable for awhile but we have them again, and for a limited time, they're on sale at a couple of bucks off the regular price ($35 U.S. instead of $37.50). I've posted a video that will give you an idea of whether the trick is right for you. Just CLICK HERE.
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Bob Farmer

Re: "Deadlock" Ring Transpo Now Available!

Postby Bob Farmer » July 8th, 2011, 7:06 pm

These are great. I bought one before when they were available.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » July 8th, 2011, 7:14 pm

I have to find my notes, but I think I fooled around with a different idea (or maybe I'm remembering something from David's notes)..

You hand out the lock and let them open it and then lock it. As they are doing that, you take out a length of chain or rope, as well as the palmed gimmick.

You hand over the chain/rope and take back the lock. As they examine the chain/rope you secretly attach the gimmick and invert the lock. Now you thread the chain/rope through the gimmick (while hiding the other end of the lock in your hand).

Cover everything with a handkerchief, or drop the lock in your breast pocket. Either way, the ends of the chain/rope are left hanging so they can be taken by the spectators.

Reach under and pull off the lock, ditching the gimmick.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » July 9th, 2011, 4:19 pm

I checked and this would appear to one of my ideas.

I had another one that is really not fully formed, but essentially the lock is placed on a length of rope. You cut the rope and remove the lock. Suddenly you drop the lock and the rope as it swings out of your hand -- the rope is restored and the lock is once more on it in the middle.

The idea was that there would be a loop of rope attached in some way to the gimmick, so that you could cut the rope (apparently) and then show the lock free (beside the two cut ends). As the lock was dropped you stole the gimmick and the loop.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”