The Biography of Tony Andruzzi is Out!

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

The Biography of Tony Andruzzi is Out!

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 28th, 2011, 5:33 pm

I was very pleased to receive a copy of "Unspeakable Acts," the new biography of Tom Palmer/Tony Andruzzi/ Masklyn ye Mage in the mail today.

Written by Jim Magus (with Terry Nosek and Neil Tobin), a quick glance has told me that I will treasure this book as a memory of my late friend, dead some 20 years. That's hard to believe.

It's a comprehensive overview of his life, including his many incarnations as performer, author, and innovator, and includes his testimony before the Warren Commission investigating the death of President Kennedy.

Hardcover, over 500 pages, it can be ordered from Jim Magus by sending $75 plus $8 shipping through PayPal to jimmagus@comcast.net. Or you can send a check or money order to:

Magus Enterprises
P.O. Box 1586
Kennesaw, GA 30156
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Re: The Biography of Tony Andruzzi is Out!

Postby Ted M » March 1st, 2011, 9:42 am

I ordered this yesterday.

Can't wait!

Jeffrey Cowan
Favorite Magician: Bob Kohler & Tim Conover

Postby Jeffrey Cowan » March 1st, 2011, 5:09 pm

Richard, what was Tom Palmer's background that created the opportunity for him to testify before the Warren Commission?
-- Jeffrey Cowan
www.cowan-law.com

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » March 1st, 2011, 5:22 pm

From the Warren Commission testimony:

We have asked you to come here today, Mr. Palmer, particularly because you have had some past dealings with Jack Ruby, and we are hopeful that you can shed some light on the kind of person that Jack Ruby was.

Found HERE.

Andruzzi (Palmer) had known and worked with Jack Ruby in Dallas.

Jeffrey Cowan
Favorite Magician: Bob Kohler & Tim Conover

Postby Jeffrey Cowan » March 1st, 2011, 5:37 pm

Fascinating. Thanks, Bill.
-- Jeffrey Cowan

www.cowan-law.com

Necromancer

Postby Necromancer » March 2nd, 2011, 12:54 pm

Jeffrey Cowan wrote:Fascinating.

You could say that again. What a life!

Best,
Neil
Neil Tobin, Necromancer

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » March 3rd, 2011, 3:40 am

Jeffrey Cowan wrote:Richard, what was Tom Palmer's background that created the opportunity for him to testify before the Warren Commission?

Not all of the Palmer/Ruby story is told in the Warren Commission testimony. Tom was the AGVA rep in Dallas (having replaced Alton Sharpe in that role when the latter transferred to Chicago) and supposedly got a late night call from Al Sharpe in Chicago on Saturday, November 23rd (JFK was assassinated on Friday, the 22nd) asking him to find Ruby and tell him "not to send the letter". Palmer supposedly spent most of Saturday night/Sunday morning trying to locate Ruby without success, came home, turned on the television and saw Ruby shooting Oswald. He assumed that was the "letter" Ruby was not supposed to send (AGVA was controlled by the mob at the time, according to some). Palmer contacted the FBI with his story and was interviewed about it, as was Sharpe. Palmer also gave testimony in the much later Congressional hearings on the JFK assassination. The basic story was written up as a sidebar to the Andruzzi issue of GENII that Richard put out a few years ago, as well as in an article about him (or Sharpe) in MAGIC. I haven't seen the new book to know if it sheds more like on this matter.

Necromancer

Postby Necromancer » March 3rd, 2011, 8:20 am

There's far more on it in the book than what appeared in the Genii sidebar or the Magic article. I think you'll enjoy the surprises.

Best,
Neil
Neil Tobin, Necromancer

Necromancer

Postby Necromancer » March 15th, 2011, 10:22 am

This just in --

Unspeakable Acts: Three Lives and Countless Legends of Tom Palmer/Tony Andruzzi/Masklyn ye Mage is now available from Lulu.com or your favorite magic dealer (via Stevens Magic).

Best,
Neil
Neil Tobin, Necromancer

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”