name of mental effect (with mantel clock)

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Dale Bower

name of mental effect (with mantel clock)

Postby Dale Bower » October 15th, 2010, 11:23 am

Hello again! Looking for the name of this effect...it is a large mantel-style clock, with a single "hour" hand. Well-made effect, wireless remote gimmick. Unit works well. Have it listed on eBay currently, but no clue as to the trick's name or origins. Clock is about 10 x 12 x6" in size. Can anyone help? Basic effect: while performer's back is turned, spectator sets clock hand to any position--then can cover clock with a silk to obscure view, Without going near front of clock, magician can determine the time that was set. In mint condition--had it at least 10 years. Thanks! See pics in my eBay listing (eBay name=captaardy). *DALE*

Gregory Edmonds

Re: name of mental effect (with mantel clock)

Postby Gregory Edmonds » October 15th, 2010, 1:06 pm

I believe I've encountered two such clocks, one by Collector's Workshop (I think), I'm afraid I can't recall the other maker's name at the moment.

If Nick Rugierro's CW model, I believe it was called the Omega Spirit Clock. I saw the other at an auction over a decade back (again, I think), and upon reflection, I'm not altogether certain these employed remote devices, though each was certainly electric.

Not much help, I regret, but it might start you looking in the right places.

Greg
Celebrate the Art of Magic

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » October 15th, 2010, 1:44 pm

Looks like Time Killer sold by Hank Lee

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=2903
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Dale Bower

Postby Dale Bower » October 15th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Yes...TIME KILLER is the trick. Once again, GENII FORUM has come to the rescue! Thanks! *DALE*

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”