Schoolcraft coins, Card College set, and Eric Jones DVD

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
cwilcox

Schoolcraft coins, Card College set, and Eric Jones DVD

Postby cwilcox » August 3rd, 2010, 3:25 pm

For sale:

1921 Soft Morgan 3CM set with matching Flipper coin made by Jamie Schoolcraft.

This set is nicely darkened with great patina, has never been used, and is in perfect condition!

From Jamie this set would be $600.

Get it here for $450, and Ill ship via USPS Priority Mail anywhere in the world FREE!!!

Its like getting the Flipper for FREE!!

Card College 5 vol. set.: Brand-new, $120, ships FREE in the U.S.! International buyers pay shipping costs--contact me for an estimate.

Eric Jones-An Extension of Me DVD set w/gimmicked coin: Brand-new!! $50, ships FREE anywhere in the world!

PayPal and credit cards accepted. If youd like to use a credit card, just let me know and Ill send you an invoice so you can pay that way.

Otherwise you can just send the funds to chris@circlecitymagic.com on Paypal

Thanks!
Chris Wilcox
(317) 502-1075
501 N. Riley Ave.
Indianapolis IN 46201
chris@circlecitymagic.com

Greg McNeil

Re: Schoolcraft coins, Card College set, and Eric Jones DVD

Postby Greg McNeil » August 4th, 2010, 8:27 pm

I have been waiting for over a year for a resolution to an order I placed with Circle City Magic in June of 2009. The item was out of stock, but when I placed the order I got the usual confirmation notice in my email saying the order had been processed. It didn't include any notation that the item was unavailable, so I assumed all was well. I waited a few months without worrying about making contact because (a) I wasn't in a hurry to obtain the item,(b) the item might be hard to obtain and it seemed possible that Chris would have been waiting on a back order, and (c) I was under the impression that Chris was having some health issues that prevented him from making a prompt reply.

When I did contact Chris, he informed me that the item I ordered was unavailable and offered an alternative which was somewhat comparable, but not the same thing. Sometimes we want certain things because they need to match our existing equipment, so I wasn't too keen on accepting the substitution. I decided to wait and see if the original item would eventually become available.

Finally in June of 2010 I emailed Chris to say that I would accept the substitute item. After several weeks now with no response, I sent a message through the contact form on their web site. Now it's been several days and I still haven't received any response to that attempt at communication.

Today I called their phone number, 317-502-1075. The call went to an answering machine so I left a message that I would like to resolve this long standing unfulfilled order and just get my money back. I am hoping for a return call and a speedy refund to my PayPal account. It's only $26.95 so it's not cutting into my budget, but obviously I don't care to have this unresolved issue hanging for any longer. I have found, however, through doing some research, that it seems unlikely I'll ever get my money back.

Apparently all communication and feedback from/to Circle City Magic (circlecitymagic) on eBay ceased as of about May 9, 2010. And there have been a dozen negative feedbacks posted since September of 2009 and as recently as May of 2010. These feedbacks are pretty much all comments about having paid for merchandise but not received the orders and problems with communication. Unfortunately this history of failing to ship orders and neglecting to communicate with customers will ruin a business more certainly than just about anything else.

The lessons to be learned here are twofold. First, if you're a customer, never let up on a dealer. If you order something and it doesn't arrive in a reasonable period of time, stay on it. Don't be patient. It's your money, and if the dealer can't/won't send the item in a timely manner, he should send your money back, no questions asked, no excuses, right now. Stay on it. A good business can turn into a bad one very quickly. And PayPal, your bank, or your credit card company can't help you after a certain time has passed.

And second, if you're a dealer, you need to understand that the magic business is a very small world. If you don't communicate with your customers, if you neglect to fill your orders, and if you don't provide refunds instantly when there is a problem with your part of a transaction, you won't last long. Word gets around. And in this day and age when there are a hundred dealers on the Internet who would be happy to accept the money and send the goods, nobody is so special that they're immune to going out of business.

Greg McNeil
Peoria, Illinois USA

cwilcox

Postby cwilcox » August 5th, 2010, 9:51 am

I'd like to address several of the statements made by Mr. McNeil in the previous post...not dispute them but address them. Over the past two years our business has gone from revenue in the six figures down to a fraction of that. The economy has hit us very hard but the main reason for a reduction in our business over the past year has been my inability to keep the business running at the service levels that most of my customers were used to early in our history.

The fact is I've been dealing with some major health issues over the past 18 months that have prevented me not only from keeping up with timely service and communication but also with my main employment to support my family. During most of this time, I've been unable to work and this has created a very difficult financial situation for us.

The closure of our store on eBay is obviously related to this. When we became unable to fill orders promptly the system of feedback quickly cut down our ratings. As anyone with an eBay store knows, store owners get much less support than they used to. The inability for a seller to have really any recourse like leaving negative feedback for a buyer really puts sellers on the defensive. That being said, it no longer made sense to have the store so we allowed it to close. We are still paying off the last part of the fees that we owe. The huge increase in store fees really made the closure inevitable. We could have survived the negative feedback but the fees were just too high.

We've been working on a complete relaunch of our site since earlier in the year and lost some of our old order data from the previous version of the site. If there is anyone out there that had an outstanding order that was not resolved, please contact me at chris@circlecitymagic.com...I will respond promptly and get the issue resolved.

I offer the above information in an attempt to let anyone that might make a snap judgement the situation that has caused reduction in service and the lost orders.

I have resolved Mr. McNeils issue. I appreciate his diligence and persistance as these issues obviously need to be resolved.

I have sold many items here on the forum and I think everyone has been happy with our transactions.

I wish to offer my apologies for any bad experience that anyone has had. We're trying to rebuild and come back.
Thanks for listening.
Chris Wilcox

Greg McNeil

Postby Greg McNeil » August 5th, 2010, 10:44 am

Chris has provided a full refund and a sincere apology for the problem we had with my order. Life moves one direction... forward. Thanks, Chris.

cwilcox

Postby cwilcox » August 6th, 2010, 6:10 pm

Prices reduced...

Schoolcraft coins...$400
Card college set...$100
Eric Jones DVDs....$40

cwilcox

Postby cwilcox » August 11th, 2010, 9:43 am

coins sold!

jason0389

Postby jason0389 » August 11th, 2010, 10:38 am

Cwilcox, I attempted to send you another private message updating my last one, but I'm not sure if it sent. If it didn't, please let me know as I'd like to buy the Card College set.

Thank you.

Jason

cwilcox

Postby cwilcox » August 26th, 2010, 10:53 am

hi Jason,

sent you a private message yesterday...

Yves Tourigny

Postby Yves Tourigny » August 26th, 2010, 2:28 pm

Hi cwilcox,

I'm interested in Eric Jones dvds set. Still available?

Yves

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”