Street Magic Books & DVD

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
David Tower

Street Magic Books & DVD

Postby David Tower » March 9th, 2009, 9:35 am

Jeff Sheridan's Street Magic - Edward Claflin & Jeff Sheridan $21 and I will pay shipping within the US. Paypal only please.

The classic text on the history and practice of street magic has been out of print for 20 years. Now Kaufman and Company brings you a stunning reprint of this highly desirable and uniquely informative work. This is where the trend began.

Street Magic gives you a panoramic overview of magic done in natural settings from the dawn of civilization until the present day. From the earliest types of conjuring performed by the tribes people of remote areas, through Hindu tricks and wonders to mysteries of the Orient of the 17th and 18th centuries, to the glorious history of European mountebanks, and finally to the renaissance of street magic in New York City initiated by Jeff Sheridan in the 1970s.

Street Magic tells the fascinating story of the earliest form of conjuring and its survival to this day. Oversized, 160 Pages, Softcover.

Be A Street Magican by David Groves. (retail $49) I will take $35 and I will pay shipping within the US. Paypal only please.

Review
"You may have read David Groves' article 'Street Smart' (August 1998) and thought to yourself, 'Man, this is the life for me!' Well, before you hit the pavement, do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of David's book "Be a Street Magician!" This book will save you time, money, energy, and maybe even your life. If you intend to work the streets you must read this book. "Be a Street Magician!" contains advice from a man who's been through it, and he's sharing his experience with you. $40 is way too cheap for this type of information. Highly recommended." -- Michael Close, Magic Magazine, October 1998

Product Description
This beautiful trade paperback is the first-ever how-guide to performing magic on the street, but it also gives valuable information on all aspects of street performing in general (aka "busking"). The book answers all your questions about: *How to create a great show *How do I attract a crowd? *Which tricks work on the street and which tricks don't? *How do I sequence my tricks into a great show? *How do I find a good spot to perform? *Do I need a sound system?

*All about money *How big is the money? *How do I ask for tips? *Strategies for getting bigger tips

*Street performing and the law *Is street performing legal? *Do I need a permit? *What about the cops?

*Best street venues around the world *Which U.S. cities are best for street performing? *Where can I do street performing in exotic foreign countries? *Which cities require permits? *Which cities outlaw street performing?

Top magicians have raved about my book: BILLY MCCOMB: "This is now the definitive book on street magic. It is the beginning, the end, and everything in between." JOHNNY ACE PALMER, world-champion magician (FISM): "David has become the expert on all matters street. A world-class book." MICHAEL CLOSE, MAGIC MAGAZINE: "Highly recommended...$40 is way too cheap for this [book]...."

Cellini Art Of Street Performing Volume 1 - $44 (retails for $59) includes shipping within the US. Paypal only please.

Cellini is one of the premiere street performers of our time. He has traveled all over the world with his street act. On this DVD Cellini spills his guts and explains all of the real work on how to attract an audience, build a crowd, entertain them and keep them from walking away. And most importantly how to practically force them into giving you money.

This DVD is full of valuable information for anyone who is interested in performing for a living. There is no magic taught on this DVD but the advise in contains could change your life.

A word from Cellini about this long - anticipated video release:

"This video will do much more than entertain you. It will enlighten you and excite you. It can even change the course of your life. I have tried my best to explain this illusive art. You will learn how to attract, build, hold and entertain an audience, while making a good living. Those I have influenced found themselves transformed by the experience in ways they never imagined. All the secrets are here.. . it's up to you. It could change your life forever.. . it did mine! "
- Cellini
David Tower

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”