New Gerlitz pieces!

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Doug King

New Gerlitz pieces!

Postby Doug King » November 27th, 2008, 6:07 pm

Check out the new releases from Richard Gerlitz:
www.gerlitzmagic.com
Looks like some more winners!

Roger M.

Re: New Gerlitz pieces!

Postby Roger M. » November 29th, 2008, 12:59 pm

His money clip is a fine piece of work, and not something easily found anywhere else.

I wish Gerlitz would quit tipping EVERY single effect he creates though, it makes investing $700.00 in a money clip somewhat difficult to justify when the mechanics of it are detailed in pictures and words (complete with inner workings), and video of the gimmick in action!

I've never understood why Gerlitz tips all his stuff (yes, I've read his explanation and felt it still makes no sense).

But he sure makes beautiful props....to a quality not seen often in magic.

George Guerra
Favorite Magician: Ed Marlo

Postby George Guerra » November 29th, 2008, 9:38 pm

The Money Clip is a neat prop. As to Richard's showing off the works, I can see people's reservation about him giving off his secrets, but then, it's nice to see what you are really buying at those prices. I also figure only magically oriented people would likely visit his site and after the items are removed, many will forget what they saw and learned.

Greg Edmonds

Postby Greg Edmonds » November 30th, 2008, 7:38 am

Roger M. wrote:His money clip is a fine piece of work, and not something easily found anywhere else.

I wish Gerlitz would quit tipping EVERY single effect he creates though, it makes investing $700.00 in a money clip somewhat difficult to justify when the mechanics of it are detailed in pictures and words (complete with inner workings), and video of the gimmick in action!

I've never understood why Gerlitz tips all his stuff (yes, I've read his explanation and felt it still makes no sense).

But he sure makes beautiful props....to a quality not seen often in magic.

I can't speak for Richard, of course, but I suspect he might tip the finer points of his workings to prove, if it comes to it, that HE is indeed the inventor of the said mechanisms should Penguin Magic or another dealer with a shady history of "borrowing technology" wish to appropriate it.

Then again, he might be doing it just to show how incredibly clever he is. In any event, it's his material. Were I to perform it, I'd have little concern of a layman finding the method unless, of course, I were to be foolish enough to call the Gerlitz (or any other effect, for that matter) by the product name.

Greg

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”