"Magic Patents" by J. Wobensmith?

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

"Magic Patents" by J. Wobensmith?

Postby Guest » August 17th, 2004, 9:24 am

In the late 1920s J. Wobensmith published a book called "Magic Patents". Does anybody have a copy of this? In The Sphinx review of this item it says that only 100 copies were printed. So my hope that anybody has this is pretty slim.

Chris Wasshuber
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.

Re: "Magic Patents" by J. Wobensmith?

Postby Guest » August 19th, 2004, 4:27 am

Chris: I have a copy, #3 of a limited edition of 100 numbered copies, this one inscribed to Walter Gibson. The book was published in 1928, consists of 83 single-sided pages and was bound in black cloth. Hope this helps. Clay

Postby Guest » August 20th, 2004, 10:20 am

we have a mint copy for sale, if any interest let us know.

Postby Guest » August 20th, 2004, 12:22 pm

As usual, Mario comes through again!

Postby Guest » August 20th, 2004, 2:31 pm

Mario,

what do you want to have for the copy? I am not a collector, I am mainly after the information.

I located a copy at the H. Adrian Smith library close to where I live. They would even make me a micro fiche for less than $60, or I can go there and view it and make up to 40 pages copies, that would be already half the book.

Anyway, if I can get it for a reasonable price, I would buy it and save myself the trip to Providence to Brown University.

Chris Wasshuber
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.

Postby Guest » August 21st, 2004, 9:12 am

chris, you are better off going to brown.this title currently sells in the area of 400 to $500

Postby Guest » August 21st, 2004, 9:14 am

chris, you are better off getting it abrow U.this title sells, when found, $400 to $500

Postby Guest » August 21st, 2004, 11:07 am

Mario, thanks anyway.

Chris...

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”