WTB: Neon (Flourescent) Light Suspension

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
David Garrity

WTB: Neon (Flourescent) Light Suspension

Postby David Garrity » October 13th, 2005, 4:08 pm

Hello,

I am in the market to buy a Neon Light Suspension (like a broom suspension but has two flourescent tubes on the poles). Please have it be in good to better condition and have a case. Also, please have photos.

Email or PM me info...

Thanks!
David
David Garrity
www.MagicalArtist.com

David Garrity

Re: WTB: Neon (Flourescent) Light Suspension

Postby David Garrity » October 19th, 2005, 10:09 am

Hello,

I have expanded my search to include Broom Suspensions as well. So, if you have a Broom Suspension or other suspension of this type, please PM or email with photos.

Thanks!
David
David Garrity
www.MagicalArtist.com

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » October 19th, 2005, 10:45 am

The light tube suspension was invented and performed by Chuck Kirkham. He never marketed it. He is, sadly, deceased.

I understand that www.owenmagic.com has made up one or more of these.

It is one of the best suspensions I have ever seen. First time I saw Kirkham do this I was fooled badly. I booked him to do this on a TV Special I co-produced in Japan some years ago.

Good luck.
Stay tooned.

Ralph Mackintosh

Postby Ralph Mackintosh » October 20th, 2005, 5:22 pm

AH Pete. The famous Japan performance with the neon tube going in upside-down and Kirkham falling off the stage. The neon tube suspension is one of my all time favorite illusions. Blew me away the first time I saw Kirkham perform it (Hollywood circa 1970).

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”