Cardshark

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Steve Mills

Cardshark

Postby Steve Mills » July 21st, 2003, 9:45 pm

I let Cardshark go out of print and have been trying to run one down.

There was on on eBay recently and I believe I ran upon a bidder that was hell bent on buying it and I quit around 60 bucks or so, realizing I had NO IDEA what the market value was.

Has anyone got a feel for the going price in case I see on again.

Thanks.....
Steve

Re: Cardshark

Postby Guest » July 21st, 2003, 10:59 pm

Hello Steve,

It's hard to put a value on these out-of-print books. As you know, the prices tend to be all over the map.

I personally don't know of any Cardshark reprints in the future, but, given the popularity of Ortiz' work, it's almost certain to come around again. I see from other threads that our host has sold the rights to some Kaufman and Co. titles--could Cardshark be among them?

In the meantime I found this eBay listing this evening: Cardshark listing
(FYI, this is NOT my listing).

The book retailed for $40 when new. I think it's a terrific book.

Good Luck!
Bob Mills
http://www.BackPalmMagic.com

Linds

Postby Linds » July 22nd, 2003, 4:46 am

Hi Steve

I was in the same spot as you until our Chief Genii had his recent garage sale that included a number of copies. I am satisfied with the price I paid Richard.

You might keep an eye on ebay and also search for Darwin Ortiz on abe.com from time to time. I have turned up some very useful finds at quite reasonable prices by these means.

Cheers
Linds

Nathan

Postby Nathan » July 22nd, 2003, 9:38 am

I've seen Cardshark go in the range of $60-$70 several times on ebay recently, so this is probably a fair ebay price for the book. Of course we are dealing with the statistics of small numbers here in magic books so you can't just go by what's on ebay.
However check out this thread

http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/ ... 9;t=000084

Apparently Cardshark will be reprinted later this year.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”