Magician Nightly?

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Magician Nightly?

Postby Guest » November 4th, 2001, 9:50 pm

I'm looking for a copy of "Magician Nightly, The Magic of Eddie Fechter". (Correct me if the title is wrong) Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: Magician Nightly?

Postby Matthew Field » November 5th, 2001, 6:16 am

Robin -- I presume you know that "Magician Nitely" is out of print and that Jerry Mentzer authored an "updated" volume under the title "Fechter" which was published several years ago.

Have you tried the usual places (www.magicbookshop.com which is H&R Magic Books, www.dennymagic.com for Denny & Lee, and www.abe.com for the Automated Book Exchange)?

Matt Field

Philippe Noël

Postby Philippe Noël » November 5th, 2001, 8:15 am

Dear Robin,
Magician Nitely has indeed been reprinted in a larger book named Fechter, The Magic of Eddie Fechter, 1993 by Jerry Mentzer.
Hoping that it helps.

Philippe Nol

Postby Guest » November 5th, 2001, 9:20 am

Thanks for the replys fellows! Yes, I've checked H&R and Richard is checking his inventory. I'm interested for I have the belief that this material is rather short & "hard hitting". I perform strolling & restaurants so this type of material seems appropriate. Am I mistaken in this belief? Thanks again and have a great week!!

Postby Guest » November 5th, 2001, 12:09 pm

Dear Robin,

The Fechter book is right on the money for what you do. I'm sure you will get a lot out of it. :)

Postby Guest » November 5th, 2001, 1:27 pm

thinair, thanks for the reply. H&R came through today and I just ordered it from Richard. Those folks did a good job for me.

Craig Matsuoka

Postby Craig Matsuoka » November 5th, 2001, 2:51 pm

Originally posted by Robin Parker:
I'm interested for I have the belief that this material is rather short & "hard hitting". I perform strolling & restaurants so this type of material seems appropriate. Am I mistaken in this belief?

Nope. Your assumptions are essentially correct. I think you'll be very pleased with the book and I'm almost certain that some of the material will find a permanent home in your restaurant and strolling repertoire. If you saw Brian Gillis' Tonight show appearances, you'll have a pretty good idea of what to expect, as Brian did a few items from the book and even delivered a Fechter line here and there.

The Mentzer expanded edition is an enjoyable read. Fechter apparently enjoyed having fun with his guests and comes across as a bit of a playful rascal. His routines certainly reflect that spirit as they contain a generous amount of unexpected (and sometimes funny) surprises. Many of his gags, lines, and other bits o' business have become classics.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”