Dealers in Austria or Germany

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Dealers in Austria or Germany

Postby Guest » January 14th, 2004, 9:14 am

I have recently moved to Austria (to be closer to Hofzinser ;) and am having a hard time finding somewhere to order magic books from without resorting to having them shipped from the UK.

Does anybody know of any good dealers in the Austria or Germany area?

Cheers.

Re: Dealers in Austria or Germany

Postby Guest » January 14th, 2004, 8:34 pm

There's an interesting looking shop located in Belgium - here's a web link:

http://www.mephisto-magic.com/default.asp?lang=en

If I come across something closer, I'll let you know. --Asrah

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » January 14th, 2004, 9:24 pm

Wittus Witt's excellent MAGIC YELLOW PAGES (now in its 10th edition) lists seven general magic shops in Austria, as well as numerous clubs and even a magic museum. Of the shops, Vienna Magic is probably the best known. They have a website at http://www.viennamagic.at/
Another one with a website listed is Mystery Magic at
http://www.mystery-magic.at/
There are several good book dealers in Germany, both new and second hand. And many dealers (H & R Magic Books included) ship books to Austria. With the weak dollar and our inexpensive shipping rates from the US, we find ourselves shipping British books to customers in the UK often saves them money, which makes little sense!
I would encourage anyone planning on doing much travelling to invest in Witt's Yellow Pages (available from his site
www.wittuswitt.de
as well as others, including ours: www.magicbookshop.com)
Christoph Wasshuber is a forum member and Vienna native who can likely suggest other local resources...

Hanno
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, John Gaughn, David Copperfield, Norbert, Ferré,.....

Postby Hanno » January 14th, 2004, 10:31 pm

Hello Paul
welcome to Austria.
If you need any information please send me a privat email (hanno.rhomberg@gmx.net)
As I am organising the next Austrian Magic Convention here in Austria, I know the scene quite well here and its a pleasure to help you.

Have a look at our page: www.zaubern.at

Hanno

Edwin Corrie

Postby Edwin Corrie » January 15th, 2004, 12:02 am

Here's a useful site with addresses of various dealers in Europe and other parts of the world:

http://guide.supereva.it/cgi-bin/sendur ... amfaq5.htm

Of the Austrian ones I only know Vienna Magic, which was pretty good the one time I visited it. In Germany the closest one to you is probably Harold Voit's Zauberzentrale Mnchen. You may find prices for American stuff high, but then it's the same in the UK. I sometimes buy things from dealers here for convenience, and of course you do save on postage.

Viel Spass!

kenguru

Postby kenguru » January 15th, 2004, 1:53 am

Vienna Magic is closed and will probably not be opened again.
Haim

CHRIS

Postby CHRIS » January 15th, 2004, 6:47 am

The owner of Viennamagic, Stefan Simek, died recently. He was a member of the the same club I belong to, 1. Wiener Zaubertheater. I hope that his wife, a friend or an associate will continue the work. Viennamagic was one of the largest European dealers.

Chris Wasshuber
preserving magic one book at a time.

Postby Guest » January 16th, 2004, 11:20 am

Thanks for all the replies - very helpful indeed. Austria is a wonderful country, and a great place to re-light the magical fire after a lengthy exile due to University commitments!

While I'm here - my interest in the Fulves Riffle Shuffle manuscripts has been rekindled, I had some promising feedback from this forum a couple of years ago but any progress was brought to a halt due to the aformentioned "exile" from "the scene".

Anyway, are these still as tricky to come by? If so I guess my only hope is Ebay these days!

Thanks again,

Tschuess!

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”