Ebay "Magic" Categories are GONE!

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Ebay "Magic" Categories are GONE!

Postby Guest » July 27th, 2002, 11:05 am

Ebayers...take note:

Without warning....The Magic categories on Ebay (Magic Tricks, Books, Other Magic Items) are GONE! This is where most all the magic tricks and books (whether it be collectible or new) were traded on Ebay. It is now a "Fantasy, Mythical, Magic" Category and has sub categories for stuf like Gargoyles, Dragons, Fairies, Mermaids etc etc etc.... NOT GOOD!

There has always been another category under Toys/Hobbies called "Magicians Supplies", but it never was as popular as the three mentined above which were all found under "Collectibles/Pop Culture".

So instead of Ebay properly dividing the magic category into "new" and "used" like they should have long ago, they just did away with all of it all together. Any auctions currently running were just automatically moved into this new category....SPREAD THE WORD!

Re: Ebay "Magic" Categories are GONE!

Postby Guest » July 27th, 2002, 11:43 am

CORRECTION: The categories are still there, but no longer under Collectibles/POP CULTURE. They have moved into this new Fantasy Category along with MANY additional sub categories (magic being one of them). Still a BAD move. Now we should get a nice mix of fantasy stuff to make browsing the magic effects even more annoying then it already was....its starting already.

Postby Guest » July 27th, 2002, 12:04 pm

The actual catagory is:
Collectibles:Fantasy, Mythical & Magic:Magic:Tricks

So it does have a "magic" section, just listed differently. Also, since eBay has "Stores" too, we are listed wherever we want. It's an auction place available to the public so personally, if it is burried a bit, I prefer that. Magicians will find it anyway and the less open to the public it is, the happier I am.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.stores.ebay.ca/abstagecraft

Postby Guest » July 27th, 2002, 2:05 pm

Its so dumb. They should just use the Magicians Supplies Category and then have 5 simple sub categories under it (New Magic Tricks, Used Magic Tricks, New Books, Used Books, and Memorabilia).

Unfortunately, they will never view magic a viable enough subject to do that, so even if they just did "New Magic" and "Used Magic" at least the collectors would not have to weed through so much stuff they have no interest in.

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » July 27th, 2002, 8:19 pm

Whew! I don't have to change my bookmarks!

I probably wouldn't have even noticed this if you hadn't pointed it out.

Thanks!

-Jim

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”